project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 May 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-08-07, 17:00   #51
PolishKruk
Supporting Member

Default Re: Dear veterans, quitchyerbitchun about newb SLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyEmperor View Post
Yes,you're right, it's a game. Ofc, all we want is having fun. But seriously, I mean, PR is a fcking epic game when people communicate, sometimes you feel like "Oh god this is WWIII" and you enjoy it, because you call contacts, because you do your best to help your squad and keep it alive.

Sure you can play without a mic,but will it be awesome as playing with mic? I don't think so
Can you call contacts? Can you report clearly, what you hear,what you see,can you make suggestions and all that stuff? No. This game was made for people who like teamwork,who don't want to run,kill,die,respawn, but have a synergy with their mates,servers have rules to keep it serious and playable,but you can make all rules you want,if people don't communicate effectively, then it's useless. Guess what's the best way to communicate,ORAL, it's fast and clear.

Yes micless people can be good players, enjoy the game etc... But personally I don't enjoy being with micless people,it just a teamwork version of Battlefield. It's not even funny, no one speak and you feel lonely. Mic is a must on this game.
I don't think anyone is arguing that players with mics aren't better or more useful than those w/o. I'm just saying that simply because they don't have/use one is no reason to hang them alone.

Let them in and experience a round and you can occasionally mention how much more fun it is with a mic and then they can make that decision on their own and won't think, "man, those guys were a bunch of dicks!".

I agree with you. I'm just saying that as an extremely small community that is growing again with the popularity of Squad we should be welcoming and encouraging new players. Not making them walk away to never come back. Remember, the new people in PR today with be the veterans in Squad tomorrow.

Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
PolishKruk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 21:33   #52
CR8Z
Supporting Member

Just be good ambassadors of our community. If someone doesn't not have a mic, encourage them to get one. However, if they ARE communicating, which seems to be the number one priority for some people in this game, then let them communicate via text.

I would wager that some folks don't want to talk to people that are being rude and spiteful. I can't blame them. I just don't want to be painted with that same brush.
CR8Z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 23:50   #53
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishKruk View Post
I've seen plenty of players with mics play all casual and not give two shits about the game. Just saying...
He meant casuals overall I think.

But why are you arguing about having a mic or not? It's required on nearly all popular servers. If you don't have a mic... you won't have a good experience. And you will be kicked.

PR IS meant for teamwork. End of story. Therfore teamwork requires communication which requires a mic.

Using the comma rose is annoying and gives away your position. Using type Chat takes hours. I understand using it to give cords of enemies and drop locations for choppers... but to communicate in general is dumb.

The text block some of your view anyways. I let some mic less people play in my squad only if they stick with me. If they go off on their own or spawn somewhere I don't want them to... then they get kicked.

I don't get how anyone can say having no mic is fine. You will LOSE terribly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 23:58   #54
PolishKruk
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
But why are you arguing about having a mic or not? It's required on nearly all popular servers. If you don't have a mic... you won't have a good experience. And you will be kicked.
Dude, read what we wrote before spouting the same thing you've said the last three times. I've even agreed with you ffs. It's not about what makes a better team, its about whats better for the community. Yelling at a player for not having a mic and then kicking him won't make him go get one and then come back. He will LEAVE. PERIOD.

Last edited by PolishKruk; 2015-08-08 at 00:21..
Old 2015-08-08, 00:23   #55
PolishKruk
Supporting Member

Also, what NA servers have a "mic is required or you will be kicked rule"? Because I have played on the only six that actually have players and have not seen such rule posted on any of those servers.

Old 2015-08-08, 00:31   #56
SkyEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishKruk View Post
Also, what NA servers have a "mic is required or you will be kicked rule"? Because I have played on the only six that actually have players and have not seen such rule posted on any of those servers.
And this is probably why NA servers run Insurgency so much, the only NA server I play on is HOG and even when it's AAS you always have atleast 10 people that just run around and most of the time they only get shot and give up and respawn. While on a EU server like NEW you need a mic and I always enjoy rounds, because you have less blue guys and people communicate all the time and you don't play Insurgency so the server doesn't turn into a deathmatch.
SkyEmperor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 00:49   #57
PolishKruk
Supporting Member

Interesting. Here in the good ole U.S of A our ISP's are of such great quality we have a hard enough time logging onto servers located on our own continent. I couldn't imagine what would happen if we all tried to join servers in the EU.

Also I would still say most of that is very much the CoD/ normal FPS conditioning most people here have succumbed to. I've played some great rounds both insurgency and AAS but I've experienced some terrible ones too. It's very normal in the US to think that no one else can possibly be better at something than yourself and therefore they have zero right to tell you what to do in a competitive framework because of course they are shit and you are awesome and can't possibly be wrong .

Please note, the sarcasm is thick

Old 2015-08-08, 01:57   #58
GODBLESSEU

In my opinion, there's somenthing we all should consider, that is as long as players have the INICIATIVE and COHESION (and a mic helps too), the squadron can sort itself out as one unit.

For example, one of my insurgency matches I had as an insurgent we had a squadron leader that was clueless about how to build a FOB, everyone on the squadron suggested him what to do and we all worked together as one unit.

I understand it might be harder on BLUFOR forces on Insurgency or any other faction in AAS matches, but as long as members can suggest and teach the SL, and lissen and communicate with the squad members, all should work okay. In one of the tutorials I've seen on how to be a better SL, the best thing to do with a PRivate SL or many new PRivate squad members is to focus in defending/transporting/building missions rather than patroling and direct assaulting, so if you see a new SL the best thing I'd suggest is to tell him to guard down a key area, in last case send in the most experienced units to go scout around or focus in direct assaulting.

But one important topic we should know is that without a mic it may turn it harder to communicate, but all hope is lost if the SL isnt listening to his squadron member advices or other SL's, even if they are new or not. And of course that also applies not taking the game seriously which destroys the entire experience.
GODBLESSEU is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 06:27   #59
matty1053

Each country servers have their own pluses.

If I want to have no insurgency or rarely play it... I'll play on EU server.

If I want to have decent teamwork and mix of modes I play on US servers 8pm-3am east timezone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
newb, quitchyerbitchun, sls, veterans