project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
26 Nov 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2020-03-10, 01:23   #1
Zire
Guest
Default Helping out

Used to develop bf2 mods back in 2011, but i haven't touched the game files since many years ago, I really would like to help the dev team to push out pr ww2 or some new nice update, but i don't have ideas, and don't know where to start, Can i get some guidance on what are you working at right now and what are you missing for the next update?
Cheers!
Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-10, 10:13   #2
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

Hokunin's Avatar
Default Re: Helping out

What are your skills?

Hokunin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-10, 10:28   #3
Zire
Guest
Default Re: Helping out

I haven't modded since 2014, so currently my skills are 0, but i'm willing to learn the stuff i used to know beside a TON of information shared by you guys.
I was thinking of modifying the Syrian maps and army, a heli that can drop barrel bombs would make the faction more realstic lol, Beside the fact that there is no Syrian army but MEC using G3.
Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-10, 14:03   #4
Rabbit

Rabbit's Avatar
Default Re: Helping out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zire View Post
I haven't modded since 2014, so currently my skills are 0, but i'm willing to learn the stuff i used to know beside a TON of information shared by you guys.
I was thinking of modifying the Syrian maps and army, a heli that can drop barrel bombs would make the faction more realstic lol, Beside the fact that there is no Syrian army but MEC using G3.
Mineral already made a barrel bomb and never added it. Probably the biggest mistake of his life.



AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-10, 14:58   #5
Zire
Guest
Default Re: Helping out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Mineral already made a barrel bomb and never added it. Probably the biggest mistake of his life.
Why's that?
Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-10, 15:50   #6
anantdeathhawk

anantdeathhawk's Avatar
Default Re: Helping out

Showcase your previous works, for others to get an idea.

anantdeathhawk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-10, 20:00   #7
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mineral's Avatar
Default Re: Helping out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Mineral already made a barrel bomb and never added it. Probably the biggest mistake of his life.
If I remember correctly I just copied some other jet-carried bomb and changed the model to a barrel Wasn't really done very well.

Perhaps somebody can now try again?

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-11, 10:24   #8
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

PBAsydney's Avatar
Default Re: Helping out

I'm more hyped for a Mi-17 with barrel bomb on Sbeneh then I am for WWII.




HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-11, 13:16   #9
Zire
Guest
Default Re: Helping out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
If I remember correctly I just copied some other jet-carried bomb and changed the model to a barrel Wasn't really done very well.

Perhaps somebody can now try again?
I will work on it, if you can showcase some of the things you changed or where did u start in it, it could be really helpful
Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-11, 18:10   #10
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Helping out

Can you do very low-level (assembly/c++) programming? Can you do Python?
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 00:47.