project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
09 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2019-11-20, 07:12   #31
UncleSmek

Default Re: Type 21 Frigate hype thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
As the original creator of this thread, i hereby pronounce the Type 21 Frigate hype as dead!

I am sorry for this, but i feel like it is my duty to do so. And i cannot in good conscience further pretend that the hype is still alive!
That sense of duty must really be weighing on you buddy. Stay strong.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-20, 10:34   #32
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSmek View Post
That sense of duty must really be weighing on you buddy. Stay strong.

Quote:
As the original creator of this thread, i hereby pronounce the Type 21 Frigate hype as dead!

I am sorry for this, but i feel like it is my duty to do so. And i cannot in good conscience further pretend that the hype is still alive!
Ahhh did little DogActual get upset that I said I'm not going to waste my time reading all his youtube comments on how the devs are too mean to HOG because it's not my area and the time I do have I spend on working on new content/gameplay for PR and not dealing with servers or the community? Ahhh would a bit of candy make it all better?

I have purposely not been promoting this because 1, it isn't going to be in the next release and 2, 2019 has been a rough year for me, had loads of r/l work to do and on top of that my Nan passed away last month so I haven't had much time to work on this and any free time I do have is normally spend playing. I am hoping time is going to free up a bit over the winter and I can focus on finishing this and my other projects and when it gets closer to being finished and its release, I do plan a pretty big promotional campaign to cover all the weapons, systems and functions of the Frigate and other new content/features but that is still some time off.

But I'm glad your sense of duty to PR is so strong that you are really contributing to the community in a really constructive manner while I'm taking some personal time, you're really helping fill the void I've left!

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-20, 12:53   #33
DogACTUAL

I am afraid the youtube thing is non related. I have been dwelling on the hype issue for a long time now, it had consumed my every waking thought for weeks!

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2019-11-20 at 12:58..
Old 2019-11-20, 13:08   #34
DogACTUAL

Oh it is fine you owe us nothing, not even an explanation actually! You probably have done more development for the game than any other DEV in the current team. This is purely about the ethical concern when it comes to hyping itself. Misrepresenting hype levels is one of the worst offenses! Let's just hope whenever this project is finished that there is still a sizeable playerbase left to appreciate your work!

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-20, 17:32   #35
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
I am afraid the youtube thing is non related. I have been dwelling on the hype issue for a long time now, it had consumed my every waking thought for weeks!
Ye, I'm sure it has nothing to do that you posted this 7hrs after your last youtube comment to me.

Quote:
This is purely about the ethical concern when it comes to hyping itself. Misrepresenting hype levels is one of the worst offenses!
Let's hope The Hague don't feel you've acted too late!

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-20, 22:45   #36
UncleSmek

Quote:
Oh it is fine you owe us nothing, not even an explanation actually! You probably have done more development for the game than any other DEV in the current team. This is purely about the ethical concern when it comes to hyping itself. Misrepresenting hype levels is one of the worst offenses! Let's just hope whenever this project is finished that there is still a sizeable playerbase left to appreciate your work!
"Probably"
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-21, 09:59   #37
DogACTUAL

*Triggered*

------------------
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
frigate, hype, thread, type