project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
17 Jun 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2013-06-29, 07:45   #1
Cpt_Tuna
Default Open Beta

Hey everyone, was really excited to install the new beta tonight and now that its all installed i have a slight problem. When i select "Play" and login with my account I get an Error Reading: "1007: Error reading from server. (10057)" I have uninstalled and reinstalled and created a new account but its still the same thing. If anyone has any clue as to what it is that would be awesome!
Thanks a bunch!
Cpt_Tuna is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 08:32   #2
bahlye
Default Re: Open Beta

Quote:
What causes error 1007 ?

The 1007 error may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted windows system files entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.

There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows registry. This corrupted registry will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.
How To Fix (Error 1007) ?

sounds like an installation error ?.
iirc you can point the torrent to the destination folder and it will check the files and hopefully fix it .
I would try deleting the beta completely and running the installer again (As Administrator ....) first though .
Last edited by bahlye; 2013-06-29 at 08:49..
Old 2013-06-29, 15:16   #3
Mustard

I am getting the same issue, i have reinstalled PR Beta 1.0 but still no luck.
Also on XP. I can run the game using a singleplayer profile so it's not an installation issue, must be to do with connecting to the BF2 profile servers for my main account. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Mustard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 15:46   #4
NeRa

I have the same problem.
At the same time I have installed v0.98 which works well.
In separate folders.
Battlefield 2 \ mods \ pr
Battlefield 2 \ mods \ pr_beta

Reinstall PRbeta and creating a new account will not help.
I have windows XP

thanks in advance for your help and greetings to the realists.
NeRa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 16:15   #5
Kovanaama

Same here. Everything worked fine before BETA. I can play 0.98 but not BETA. Strange.

FDF Looking for Modellers, Mappers, Textureartists and Exporters! #fdfpr @ QuakeNet orPM Hulabi
Kovanaama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 16:51   #6
tobi-the-fraggel

Hi everybody. i have the same prob but i got an error message already as i tried to import my BF2 profile at the installation process. This is the error log Pr came up with:

Quote:
Further details can be found in the following file:

D:\!Programme\Spiele\Battlefield 2\m...PRLauncher.log

Please report this error to the Project Reality Team, and include the log file in your report.

Visit Support Forum

> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index must be within the bounds of the List.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Insert(Int32 index, T item)
at Reality.BF2.Settings.General.Import(String fromProfile, String toProfile)
at Reality.BF2.Settings.Profile.ImportProfile(Profile profile)
at Reality.BF2.Settings.Profile.ImportProfiles(List`1 profiles)
at PRLauncher.WPF.ViewModel.Pages.FirstTimeImportProf ilePageViewModel.OnImport(Object obj)
at Reality.Utils.WPF.RelayCommand.Execute(Object parameter)
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecut eCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnCl ick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMo useLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk( Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEv entHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Deleg ate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandle r(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Objec t source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(Dependency Object sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEv entHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Deleg ate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandle r(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Objec t source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(Dependency Object sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedE ventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArg s args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingAr ea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(Inp utEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput (InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.Repo rtInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.Filt erMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessa ge(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
[/code]
tobi-the-fraggel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 19:03   #7
Cpt_Tuna

Hey everyone, I just updated the game today and i got into the main menu now, but when i go into online and look for servers there are non there. After some time refreshing the page i see the EU server #2 with extremely high ping but no North American servers.

PS- I had to try and download the update 3 times
Cpt_Tuna is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 19:52   #8
tobi-the-fraggel

Update? What Update Tuna?
Old 2013-06-29, 20:42   #9
NeRa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi-the-fraggel View Post
Update? What Update Tuna?
Right click at PLAY and check for updates.
my first update was unsuccessful.
Now i can start game but i not see servers
NeRa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 22:25   #10
tobi-the-fraggel

yea! i can login now. thx for the advice, but unfortunately i'm crashing to desktop after the intro clip.

Tags
beta, open