project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2018-06-30, 17:16   #21
Murphy

Default Re: We need to go back. (Mortars)

Mortars provides indirect infantry support with mobility and ease of relocation IRL. Some how this isn't what some people want to be reflected in-game, if that's the case why not call for outright removal on some map layers (already done in some cases)?

I would be able to exploit the ability to build sandbags/bunkers anywhere without supplies and no need to be concerned about how many in the area if I'm just using them to block stairs/entrances of the building my squad is defending. That doesn't sound like the best idea, we already have struggles with trashpile roadblocks on INS maps do we really need to compound that issue and bring it into AAS?

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 21:29   #22
ploxdead
PR Server License Moderator

Isnt there a way to have mortars auto-reload 1 shell/minute? That way you dont get constantly shelled as infantry and you'll have to carefully plan your mortar attacks due to lack of ammo for most of the time.
ploxdead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 21:37   #23
Unarmed Civilian

I like the idea of fresh mortars starting without ammo. 1 minute reload is too long... Maybe add some heating to the barrel. Like you can't shoot more than 5 shells within 1 minute.
Unarmed Civilian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 21:52   #24
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Weapons can't start without ammo in BF2, they're always full when they spawn.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 07:37   #25
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterDune View Post
Weapons can't start without ammo in BF2, they're always full when they spawn.
Not when I'm around. We can set ammo through python now.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 13:10   #26
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
Supporting Member

Awesome

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 15:41   #27
bahiakof

The sniper is able to neutralize mortar operators. In the PR the sniper must be a lone hunter, and not pick up the Sniper Kit and do the same work as a Marksman.

The problem is not in the mortar, but in the organization of the team. A team with a recon squad and a sniper focused on objetive, becomes an unbeatable team.

bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 17:10   #28
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unarmed Civilian View Post
I have fond memories of barricading Muttrah City
That's just Muttrah City. FOBs can only be built in the same 5 locations, and infantry can only attack the same 3 ways. Mortars or not the gameplay is pretty boring and doesn't change no matter how many times you play the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
If anything, I would reduce mortar's range on 2km maps, or slightly increase ammo cost (now that crates rearm twice as fast and carry 3 times as much ammo). I disagree on removing them.
Don't touch them at all. In fact bring them back for BLUFOR on INS maps. The fact that ins factions usually have as much, if not more, firepower as BLUFOR factions on maps now is ironic.

tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 01:01   #29
Murphy

Except Blufor spamming mortars and killing caches is bullshit, the ability to lock an already static enemy (by nature of INS mode the Insurgents will loiter around caches) into a even tighter noose was a bit excessive as well.

I'm all for equaling the firepower of Blufor and Insurgents but mortars make certain maps agonizing to play (Kokan compounds are a decent example).

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
back, mortars