project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Sep 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

View Poll Results: Should night layers/maps be removed?
Yes 14 32.56%
No 18 41.86%
Add more night maps 11 25.58%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-05-26, 10:52   #31
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Default Re: Remove Night Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGeez View Post

: engine wasn't built for it.
nevermind the night maps in the SF expansion....

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-29, 02:24   #32
SovietBear4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
nevermind the night maps in the SF expansion....
using the engine as an excuste is just lazy, that excuse can literally be used by anything in this game lmao
SovietBear4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-30, 12:28   #33
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Blaming the engine sure is lazy but for some things there are actual limitations of what the engine can achieve. For example, fast ropes. Suggested for ages, never implemented due to limitations of the battlefield engine.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-25, 22:44   #34
[R-DEV]​Insanitypays
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
Nothing "turned out" on our end, in fact I think we are adding even more night layers along with WW2 maps.

Added poll on this issue, go vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGeez View Post

: engine wasn't built for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
Blaming the engine sure is lazy but for some things there are actual limitations of what the engine can achieve. For example, fast ropes. Suggested for ages, never implemented due to limitations of the battlefield engine.
Bump.
Night maps allow an opportunity for exploits (gamma boosting). If night maps are going to stay, there should be an incentive preventing exploitation of features. Perhaps rural night maps should be saturated with more light sources i.e burning vehicles / oil fields or periodic artillery flare-barrages. Would that do anything to mitigate the advantages of playing with increased gamma? What's the performance cost?

It would be worth exploring how a map's light sources influence the effects of gamma boosting.

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -Mark Twain
Insanitypays is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-27, 15:45   #35
WingWalker

Half the time on night maps I can't even tell who is who. It should slow down play but I've never seen that. It just makes everything hard to see with random kills from nowhere, especially if your PC is in the light or near a window in the day time.

All you have to do is sit somewhere in a bush or in a window in the open and just wait. Or you try to attack and get killed from random areas constantly.

I really don't care to screw around with gamma, try to block the sunlight from my windows, and shut off all my lights just to be able to see on some bs fuck fest of a map.

I don't care if they are removed or not, but to me, night maps just mean I disconnect and go do something else.

W.W.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-28, 00:57   #36
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
PFFFFTT there are no limits, you just gotta find the back door, Fast ropes are coming, maybe even vehicle sling loading, it's possible but the thing now is to find out how to make it realistic and possible?
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
maps, night, remove