project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
29 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2014-09-19, 10:32   #11
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Video] Project Reality POV (PR POV)

Subbed! excellent stuff!

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 10:48   #12
Masaca1

Thanks for the subs and feedback guys. We'll certainly start doing that KaB as it sounds like a great idea to know who is who at specific points of the video. We're trialling using a gopro to even record footage for a different look, see what you think:

https://mediacru.sh/ZekyKcqA9YxA

The above clip came from the round of mechanized infantry on fallujah that we're currently editing in the same manner as the T90 video. However we'll take your comments on board and add some sort of name indication in each clip as to who's perspective you are watching.

I have 17gb of footage alone from fallujah - I stop recording once we RTB too.

Ideally we want to create videos that stand out from the crowd by having a simplistic look with interesting gameplay. PR is a great platform and one of the only games (it's more than just a BF2 mod to me) I've been able to continuously play for such a long period of time. We're not by any means as good as some of the clans but we'll do our best to get interesting footage. We want to make videos that are amusing, informative and makes you want to play PR.

If anyone sees us ingame then feel free to join us, we wear the [BLUE] tag.
Last edited by Masaca1; 2014-09-19 at 10:54..
Old 2014-09-19, 13:04   #13
Antol

Good initiative with this project. You should get a permament ability to use camera kit
First Deviation, now POV guys. I like it.
You should make somet videos like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx-cXzVLnag
Be like PRESS guys Good luck because there is lack of people making this kind of videos from PR.
Last edited by Antol; 2014-09-19 at 13:33..
Old 2014-09-20, 10:07   #14
Masaca1

Thanks again Antol. Really can't say how thankful of all the views and subscribers we've had so far!

We will always be looking for new ideas for videos so as I said, any and all feedback is welcomed.

Here's a round of IFV support and Mechanized infantry on Fallujah:

Masaca1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 13:32   #15
KaB
Retired PR Developer

Really cool stuff again !

Btw have the gunner ever heard of AP rounds ? These are really useful and he should use them more !
KaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 16:17   #16
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Nice stuff guys. Subscribed.

Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 17:54   #17
Masaca1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaB View Post
Really cool stuff again !

Btw have the gunner ever heard of AP rounds ? These are really useful and he should use them more !
Against vehicles? Well yeah but who has time to switch to them. That would be far too simple
The technical which rushes the field wasn't really a threat as most of the infantry were in the walled compound or in defilade.

The only time it really matters is with bomb cars/gary in which case the ATGM is the only option (with regard to using the Bradley, I don't use the LAV at all and the AAV only occasionally but 50 cal is enough).

Thanks Arc Shielder!
Old 2014-09-20, 21:46   #18
KaB
Retired PR Developer

As you feel it.

Personally most of the time I keep AP as the default round, and occasionally I switch to HE (can depend on the gamemode/factions tho, but it's mostly like that).
The only threat when you don't have the HE loaded are the AT kits. What I do is that when I see one aiming at me, I instantly load HE and suppress him with the MG (in order to eventually kill him if I can aim fast). If he runs away then I have a chance to finish him off with HE.
KaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 12:40   #19
sickem

I will take the blame for him having HE loaded most of the time. I normally have him load AP when we are running on maps with lot's of Armour ect. I just had him on HE most of the time on Fallujah. (Driver) ^^

sickem is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 15:47   #20
Masaca1

Due to the poor collision meshes and the size of the 25mm round I often see my hits going straight through people which can make AP completely redundant, especially as we play on FCV where my ping averages around 200. He simply means that if it does miss, it could splash infantry and cause bleedout. Plus larger HEIT clip sizes on the 25mm chain gun

Tags
combat, pov, project, reality, tanks, video