project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Jun 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

View Poll Results: How did you first learn about PR?
vBF2 104 17.33%
Through a friend 148 24.67%
Specific website 154 25.67%
Video 109 18.17%
Via another game 16 2.67%
Other (post) 69 11.50%
Voters: 600. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-07-30, 04:02   #1
Hawkeye92

Default How Did You First Learn About Project Reality?

After a forum search, I could not find any other threads about this (surprising to me).

I've become quite curious recently, how did members of the Project Reality community come to first learn about this wonderful mod?

Did you hear about the game through a gameplay video on YouTube? Perhaps by searching for realistic war games on google? Or maybe a friend told you about this amazing game he/she had been playing?

Tell everyone about how you ended up here on these very forums! Perhaps this way we can learn the most effective ways to make the PR Community grow!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personally, I first learned about Project Reality around .85 when the mod was featured in the main advertisements on the vBF2 HQ home screen. Downloaded it, played, and never looked back!

Midshipman 3/C, USNR, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University NROTC
Last edited by Hawkeye92; 2010-07-30 at 04:30..
Old 2010-07-30, 04:44   #2
Vapourstreak

Default Re: How Did You First Learn About Project Reality?

I learned it from Wikipedia. I like to Wiki stuff I like, such as songs, movies, and games, and I found out about PoE, AIX2, and PR from there. Sounded fun, but it look like, two hours to download 0.85 or 87, i don't remember.

Vapourstreak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 04:49   #3
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

I think it was (R-PUB) bosco, back when he was still playing SWAT4. Met him on a SWAT4 clan forum. I played another BF2 mod, OPK, quite regulary, and he told me about PR. At first I was sceptical about the gameplay changes (that was around .5 though, so the gameplay was very different anyway), but ya. Sadly PR soon got too heavy for my computer, until I finally got a replacement for it a couple of days back.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2010-07-30, 05:05   #4
boom50cal

Was searching for help with BF2 CTD's and punkbuster kicks and ran across this. Started reading on the forum and watching youtube videos and downloaded. Fell in love a .856
boom50cal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 05:16   #5
Ford_Jam

Read about it through an Australian gaming community that is tied with my ISP that had a PR server once upon a time.
Bought BF2 off my neighbour for $10 and hijacked his old account
Fell in love with it instantly, first match was Barracuda skirmish with about 6 v 6 people about 2 weeks before 0.86 came out.
Ford_Jam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 05:38   #6
ebevan91

The little main menu advertisement thing in vBF2 that still says Armored Fury and Euro Forces available in v1.5.

I saw where it said PR was awarded mod of the year or something (or it might have been that v.85 was available.

So I downloaded it, installed it, didn't like it, uninstalled it. Downloaded v.86 when it came out as a second chance for PR and I've seen and played through every release since then.
ebevan91 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 05:54   #7
BOBA_fat

Send a message via Yahoo to BOBA_fat

Can't remember how or when I got into this game,but there were still vanilla weapon models when I start playing,and there were M82 and dual uzi for snipers LOL
BOBA_fat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 06:22   #8
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Hah, the good old times of hidden M82 with dual SMGs xD

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2010-07-30, 06:24   #9
Hawkeye92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
The little main menu advertisement thing in vBF2 that still says Armored Fury and Euro Forces available in v1.5.

I saw where it said PR was awarded mod of the year or something (or it might have been that v.85 was available.

So I downloaded it, installed it, didn't like it, uninstalled it. Downloaded v.86 when it came out as a second chance for PR and I've seen and played through every release since then.
That sounds EXACTLY like my story. I saw the Mod of the Year ad around .85, and downloaded the game. I first tried a round on Karbala, I was completely lost and clueless. Not to mention my framerates were awful. I uninstalled and maybe 3 weeks later gave it another shot. I spent alot of time on training servers, became obsessed with flying (Kashan was decent with fps) and eventually went out and bought some more RAM. The rest is history.

Midshipman 3/C, USNR, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University NROTC
Hawkeye92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 06:37   #10
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

few days after bf2 came out i searched google for mods someday and stumbled over project reality. been playing since 0.1. finally stopped playing vanilla when 0.5 came out.

Last edited by Gore; 2010-07-30 at 06:42..

Tags
learn, project, reality