project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
20 Jun 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2016-10-16, 06:18   #1
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default [Map Pack] Return to Battlefield

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Just making a thread here to talk about the ongoing project my community has been building. Currently the active contributors on this project have been myself, SRDDonkey, VooDoo778, Wicca, and Rusty42.

Quote:
If you all remember, our community released our first map-pack a few months ago. This pack brought back four select maps from Battlefield 2 vanilla, and converted them to Project Reality AASv4.

We are now expanding this project to include all the Battlefield 2 maps, and beyond. Here are the designs for the upcoming maps, which will hopefully be finished in the next week or so.

Additionally due to the size of the map packs we're creating, our community has built our own custom Project Reality Mini-Mod launcher. Through this you'll be able to update your installation to the newest versions of all maps we release, and join our server in its own server list (and possibly other servers? =D)

More details to follow, but in the mean time... here is all the current Return to Battlefield complete map pack designs!

Quote:
Map #1 ► Dalian Plant (AASv4)

USMC: 350 Tickets
LAV25x2
AAVP7x1
2xHuey
1xAttack Huey
1x Repair Station

China: 350 Tickets
2xVN3
1x25mmCHINESEAPC
2x Transport Helicopter
2x Logistic Truck
3x Transport Truck
2x paratrooper_jep

Quote:
Map #2 ► Dragon Valley (AASv4)

MEC: 350 Tickets
2xBTR60
2xMTLB-30mm
1xBMP2(Without ATGM)
1x MI8
2x Logistic Truck
2x Transport Truck

Russia: 350 Tickets
3xBTR80
1xBTR80a
1xBMP2 (Without ATGM)
1x Mi8
2x Logistic Truck
2x Transport Truck

Quote:
Map #3 ► FuShe Pass (AASv4)

France: 400 Tickets
1x Tiger
1x Chinook
1x VBCI
2x VAB
2x Logistic Trucks
2x Transport Trucks

China: 400 Tickets
1x ChineseAttackChopper
1xChineseLargeTransportChopper
1xChinese25mmAPC
2xChinese12.7mmAPC
2xLogistic Trucks
2x Transport Trucks

Quote:
Map #4 ► Highway Tampa (AASv4)

MEC: 550 Tickets
2x T-72
1x BMP2
1x Mi8
2x Logistic Trucks
2x Transport Truck
3x UAZ_mg
3x UAZ_Support

China: 550 Tickets
2xChinaMBT
1xBMP1versionchineseIFV
1xChinesetransportchopper
2x Logistic Truck
2x Transport Truck
3x Paratrooper
3x UAZ_Support

Quote:
Map #5 ► Operation Clean Sweep (AASv4)

Germany: 350 Tickets
1x Tiger
3x UH-1 Transport
1x NH90
4x rhib
3xFuchz

Russia: 350 Tickets
1x Havoc
3x Mi8 Transport
4x Rhib
3xBTR80

Quote:
Map #6 ► Sharqi Peninsula (AASv4)

500 tickets
US Army: 500 Tickets
1x Kiowa hydras
2x Blackhawk
1x Stryker_40mm
1x Stryker_12.7mm
3x Hummer 12.7mm
2x Logistic Trucks
2x Transport Trucks

Taliban: 500 Tickets
4x bomb cars
1x bomb truck
2x technical M2Browning
1x SPG Techie
4x ammunition techie
4x civilian cars

Quote:
Map #7 ► Daqing Oilfields (AASv4)

Canada: 400 Tickets
2xLAV3
1xLeopard2
1xCoyote
3xLogistic Trucks
1x Huey
2x Transport Truck

China: 400 Tickets
2xChinaAPC25mm
1xChinaMBT
1xVN3
3xLogistic Trucks
1xLight transport euro?
2x Transport Truck

Quote:
Map #8 ► Songhua Stalemate (AASv4: Vietnam)

US Vietnam: 350 Tickets
1x Attack Huey
2x Transport Huey
2x M113
2x Transport Trucks
2x Logistic Trucks

NVA Vietnam: 350 Tickets
3x Logistic Trucks
3x UAZ_MG
2x BTR 60
1x PT76'

Quote:
Map #9 ► Road to Jalalabad (AASv4)

IDF: 400 Tickets
1xMerkava
1xNamer
2x Logistic Trucks
2x Hummers
2x Transport Trucks

MEC: 400 Tickets
1xT-72
2xBTR60
2xLogistic Trucks
1x UAZ_MG
2xTransport Trucks

Thanks guys, I look forward to playing these with our community soon <3 cheers.

Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 09:52   #2
FalkeS

Default Re: [Map Pack] Return to Battlefield

Nice Job. Can't wait to play these maps on pr
FalkeS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 15:39   #3
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Nice work but one quick observation from your video is that I'm pretty sure the F-35B (STOVL version) isn't fully coded yet and wouldn't it make more sense to use the Harrier, especially on a 2km map with short view distances, or probably even no jets?

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 16:14   #4
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Good stuff, but im a bit afraid it might be too many vehicles, especially tank and apcs with thermals.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 16:34   #5
Mickey Mouse

Yeah you might want to check some of those assets. Three btr80s would absolutely decimate the Germans on operation clean sweep while those fuchs will just be a slight annoyance to the Russians. On sharqi 4bomb cars and a Gary are way too many suicide vehicles for the compactness of the map. On dragon valley I would suggest taking out one of the mtllb6ma's and the bmp-2 and replace them with 2 bmp-1s it will keep the assets varied between teams and keep the friendly fire to a minimum. I'd also like to suggest that the btr60s on road to jalalabad are removed in favor of one bmp3 or bmp2m because t72s have a tough time with merkavas and could use all the help they can get. Finally I'd like to remind you that there is a btr80 for mec that may be slightly glitchy but is much more balanced than the btr60pb. Thank you and I hope you succeed.
Best of luck,
Mickey

Mickey Mouse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 16:48   #6
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Do you also have Karkand in the mappack? i saw it in the video but not on the list

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 17:55   #7
InfantryGamer42

Are you going to get maps from other BF? Maybe BF42. If you get El Alamein in pack,I will pay you.
Still good job !!!
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 18:00   #8
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
ap #1 ► Dalian Plant (AASv4)

USMC: 350 Tickets
LAV25x2
AAVP7x1
2xHuey
1xAttack Huey
1x Repair Station

China: 350 Tickets
2xVN3
1x25mmCHINESEAPC
2x Transport Helicopter
2x Logistic Truck
3x Transport Truck
2x paratrooper_jep
You shood think about adding AV-8 Harrier II and RHIB(I cant see him in list) for USMC and Q-5 Fantan and one trans choper(Z-9) for China,and you shood add more tickets.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 20:32   #9
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Nice work but one quick observation from your video is that I'm pretty sure the F-35B (STOVL version) isn't fully coded yet and wouldn't it make more sense to use the Harrier, especially on a 2km map with short view distances, or probably even no jets?
Not after we get done with it =D although yes right now its so broken hahaha but yeah, we're hoping to fix it up and make it playable... but worst case scenario we'll just use the harrier <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Zeno View Post
Good stuff, but im a bit afraid it might be too many vehicles, especially tank and apcs with thermals.
Blame Wicca lol he made the asset list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse View Post
Yeah you might want to check some of those assets. Three btr80s would absolutely decimate the Germans on operation clean sweep while those fuchs will just be a slight annoyance to the Russians. On sharqi 4bomb cars and a Gary are way too many suicide vehicles for the compactness of the map. On dragon valley I would suggest taking out one of the mtllb6ma's and the bmp-2 and replace them with 2 bmp-1s it will keep the assets varied between teams and keep the friendly fire to a minimum. I'd also like to suggest that the btr60s on road to jalalabad are removed in favor of one bmp3 or bmp2m because t72s have a tough time with merkavas and could use all the help they can get. Finally I'd like to remind you that there is a btr80 for mec that may be slightly glitchy but is much more balanced than the btr60pb. Thank you and I hope you succeed.
Best of luck,
Mickey
Yeah what we're probably going to do, is do this current layout for now... and then when we realize all the bits that are vastly broken/unbalanced, we'll do a fix sweep =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Zeno View Post
Do you also have Karkand in the mappack? i saw it in the video but not on the list
Yup! Those four maps are already done, the maps I listed are just the new ones we're making. Also respond to your Discord messages! =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksa2000SM View Post
Are you going to get maps from other BF? Maybe BF42. If you get El Alamein in pack,I will pay you.
Still good job !!!
All in good time =) we'll move on to more maps after this one <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksa2000SM View Post
You shood think about adding AV-8 Harrier II and RHIB(I cant see him in list) for USMC and Q-5 Fantan and one trans choper(Z-9) for China,and you shood add more tickets.
Yeah that's probably not a bad idea =P we'll fix all the balance issues after our first pass test.

Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 21:03   #10
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedrake42 View Post
Not after we get done with it =D although yes right now its so broken hahaha but yeah, we're hoping to fix it up and make it playable... but worst case scenario we'll just use the harrier <3
Well it being playable and good are really two different things. Can't really see it fitting any of the 2km maps with PR jet speeds, could possibly just get away with the subsonic Harrier but even that is a bit much for the 2km vBF2 maps, which don't even use the full 2km map area. In fact, the distance between the two mains on oman isn't much more than some of the view distance of many of PR's maps...

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield, map, pack, return