project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
20 Jun 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2014-01-26, 18:33   #1
clueless_noob

Default Numpad 0 is mapped to vehicle secondary fire by default

Description:
On BF2's default control mappings numpad 0 is mapped to vehicle secondary fire. So after installing the game or resetting the conrols, Mumble's squad channel conflicts with vehicle secondary fire, which leads to accidental bomb car explosions or unintended release of ammo boxes when talking on the squad channel.

Steps to Reproduce:
Start PR, go to BF2's options > control and press reset. Or make a fresh install of the game like many players have to do time to time. Go to vehicle controls tab and notice how numpad 0 is mapped to secondary fire.

Expected behaviour:
PR Launcher should make sure that there is no this kind of conflicts either using BF2's VOIP keys for Mumble by default or deleting other numpad 0 entries from control mappings.

Tested on:
Version: 1.1.1.0
Last edited by clueless_noob; 2014-01-26 at 18:58..
Old 2014-01-27, 05:07   #2
JTtheOKIE

Default Re: Numpad 0 is mapped to vehicle secondary fire by default

I remember the first time I played in a armor squad(I almost always play INF), was firing rockets all over the place. My SL kept yelling me to stop firing, and of course I kept replying "What?!?!". I didn't even realize I was firing. Funny little mishap.
JTtheOKIE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 08:19   #3
Meerkat
Default Re: Numpad 0 is mapped to vehicle secondary fire by default

This happened to me yesterday when I was driving a logistics truck. Middle way to marker I spoke squad chat and then I accidentally drop both crates and I didn't even notice that because truck's noise is very loud.
So, when I reached the marker and squadleader wants me to drop both crates to build stuff and .. well .. you can imagine the rest
Meerkat is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
default, fire, mapped, numpad, secondary, vehicle