project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Jun 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-11-10, 14:00   #21
DonDOOM
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Supporting Member

Default Re: Auto-teamswitch ghosting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareBear View Post
i dont tell anyone, but drop a few hints, and then when the sl finally says to search that compound, i become 1337 destroying everything that my eyes meet, until i make my way to the cache
Poetic as always

DonDOOM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 14:44   #22
Wh33lman

if anything, i try to avoid going to the fight where the cache is. if the cache is in the east and theres someone building a FOB in the north, i'll go help with the FOB. i almost never remember where the hideouts are, even if ive spawned on them.

ghosting is just wrong, and if i have to sit in the base untill the cache is destroyed so that i dont give it away, thats what i'll do.

Wh33lman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 15:12   #23
Zpoilt

If I was auto-switched I would look at the map and try to remember as much of it as possible, switch back and rejoin my squad, retake squad leading position and charge the unknown with full strength! I would keep the intel to my squad though, and not tell the entire team. Going on pretending like I have no idea just seems stupid to me. Fair play? This is war, not lacrosse! I would call it accidental ghosting.

Zpoilt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 15:23   #24
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

I will forget the cache location or FOB unless I write it down, seriously, but incase I dont I would stay fair and I would ignore it

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 15:53   #25
burghUK

tell people. Then you get that warm fuzzy feeling when the entire insurgent team is like "WTF h4x gh0ster wah wah "
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 16:17   #26
Jigsaw

Surely it's:

1. Check map for caches
2. Teamswitch and claim it was auto-balance
3. Create squad named "1337ops" and take combat engineer
4. Lone-wolf ninja caches
5. ?????
6. Profit???

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 00:51   #27
NyteMyre

What a bunch of saints here
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 17:08   #28
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
This is war, not lacrosse!
Technically, it's a game, not war, and therefore fair play applies

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2010-11-11, 23:19   #29
clueless_noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteMyre View Post
So, i was just playing a round on Operation Archer as insurgent. It was a pretty long boring round with not much going on. Suddenly i get teamswitched to the canadians.

Then i got this following dillema:
Do I tell the team the location of unknown caches or should i just play ignorant.

Someone that teamswitches from insurgents to blufor (willingly or not) has some vital intel for the entire team, but should it be allowed to tell that team?

Poll maybe?
- Yes, share the info with the team! That's called teamwork!
- No, you should act if you don't know the locations! That's called playing fair!
- Just make your own squad and solo it! That's called 1337!

-edit-
Could also apply for FOB locations in AAS/CnC
If I get autobalanced to coalition side I will either stay inside main base and keep my mouth shut till both known caches are destroyed or I do something other than cache hunting, like logistics.

I have very strict principles on this and even it's only a video game, I consider those who cannot resist the temptation to be the lowest form of life on earth.
clueless_noob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 02:36   #30
Wing Walker

There is a movie called " the Final Count Down". It was made in the 80's and on board the U.S.S. Nimitz. I know this because it was made during one of my Dad's deployments on the ship, in fact he is one of the guys on deck running past the camera for a crashed aircraft scene.

But this thread reminded me of it because the movie dealt with the same idea.

It is a sci fi movie, and the Nimitz was cruising out from Pearl Harbor and accidentally passes through a time vortex and time travels back to the morning of December 7th 1941.

The Captain struggles with the burden of knowing what is about to unfold that morning, and also knowing that the Nimitz has the power to send them right back to Japan, and then some.

I won't tell the ending here, you can PM me if you really want to know.

... just something I thought of while reading this.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
autoteamswitch, ghosting