project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Jun 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-09-14, 09:03   #1
Skull
Default Netgraph/Lagometer and similar

hi

ive been wondering if there is any kind of netgraph, lagometer in bf2. all i know about is the fps counter, shown by entering "renderer.drawfps 1" in the console. (what is the 2nd number of that one anyways?).

ive always had a pretty bad hitreg in bf2 and mods. lately i found out that its not only because of the bf2 engine (but ofc partly), because ive had pretty bad hitreg in cod4 mp from time to time. now im wondering if my provider (the most worthless provider in austria, im gonna change soon anyways) or anything else (modem etc) might have packet loss.

PS: though this has been discussed several times, does anyone know any other ways of improving hitreg? beside the ahk script "hitregfixer/tweaker"...

thanks and regards,
skull

Pain is Temporary, Pride stays forever. - Unknown
Skull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 19:49   #2
clueless_noob

Default Re: Netgraph/Lagometer and similar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull View Post
ive been wondering if there is any kind of netgraph, lagometer in bf2. all i know about is the fps counter, shown by entering "renderer.drawfps 1" in the console. (what is the 2nd number of that one anyways?).
The 2nd number in BF2's built-in FPS display is time between rendered frames in milliseconds. Practially, it's the result of the equation 1000/FPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull View Post
now im wondering if my provider (the most worthless provider in austria, im gonna change soon anyways) or anything else (modem etc) might have packet loss.
Packet loss can be verified using tools like ping plotter and similar. But it's important to note that router's main task is to relay payload, not to answer ICMP (a.k.a. ping) requests. Many routers have limitations on how many ICMP responses they send in second, which may lead to situation where it seems to lose packets even the valuable traffic is flowing fine.

According to my very limited experience, the most common problem with consumer internet connections lies within the last mile. The connection speed may be too high for the quality of the cables, which causes all kinds of instabilites.
Last edited by clueless_noob; 2010-09-16 at 19:58..
Old 2010-09-17, 10:24   #3
mat552

Hitreg is hitreg unfortunately, aside from the settings the fixer tweaks, there is no way to improve or otherwise fix it. The upside to that is that everyone else is playing with the same broken hit system you are.

You can use a pingtest to check your packet loss without using the windows command prompt one, like clueless said, it's really only good for making sure you have a connection, not the quality of that connection. Do it a few times, get a feel for it etc.

Good luck.

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

The only winning move is not to play. Insurgency, that is.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 15:46   #4
Dev1200

some people like to blame deviation on "hitreg"

I have never had a problem with lag, and I'm using the crappiest cable you can get. You just have to be good. :P

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
netgraph or lagometer, similar