project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
15 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2008-01-11, 20:36   #21
SNIPERxWOLFxGB

Send a message via MSN to SNIPERxWOLFxGB

SNIPERxWOLFxGB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 20:46   #22
Leo

Happens in VA too, can't stop hearing about how many cessnas get stuck in trees here.
Leo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 21:47   #23
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

Heh, I drive through Long Sutton every time I go to see my family in Norfolk - the only road into Norfolk (well it's not, but it feels like it) runs thattaways. Pretty dull bit of the world, am sure nobody would have missed it even if the bomb had been live ordnance

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 21:50   #24
Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Masaq View Post
Heh, I drive through Long Sutton every time I go to see my family in Norfolk - the only road into Norfolk (well it's not, but it feels like it) runs thattaways. Pretty dull bit of the world, am sure nobody would have missed it even if the bomb had been live ordnance
Apart from the fact that I live here, I wouldn't really mind it getting wiped out, either.
Leo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 22:42   #25
Sgt.North

Well i see someone who should get a job working for "The SUN" on yes they nearly bombed your whole town with a training bomb. those things would have to directly hit anything to destroy/damage it even if it had detonated.

Yes it was an accident, and correct, it shouldn't have happened. No doubt there will be a full inquiry about it.

Would be less of a problem if the government actually supported and financed the armed forces properly and we had a suitable area for practicing, like BATUS in Canada. If there were more such areas ordinance would not have to be carried over SEMI populated areas.

God is Airborne only because he failed the commando course.
Sgt.North is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 00:59   #26
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

well the only serious aircraft acciedent that happened around my area was unfortunatley the helicopter crash that killed Colin McRae and his son

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
G.Drew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 06:05   #27
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Well if you think you have it bad, don't move to southern NJ:
School shot up by 25 20mm rounds from F-16
Wildfires started by F-16 flares

Quote:
Would be less of a problem if the government actually supported and financed the armed forces properly and we had a suitable area for practicing, like BATUS in Canada. If there were more such areas ordinance would not have to be carried over SEMI populated areas.
The same kind of thing is an issue in the US. For some reason the US government got the idea that if its only SEMI-populated, then it should be okay to set up short nearby and drop dangerous ordinance. I'm not entirely sure why that's more suitable than say, 200 square miles in the DESERT, but hey, I'm just a citizen joe, what would I know about common sense.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 16:43   #28
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by =BMI=Richy View Post
next we will have aa gun found in a farmers shed

Nope, just an AA round found in an elderly man's rectum

As if you needed more proof that EOD personnel do not get paid enough.

A friend of mine from Bristol told me that his former workplace had to be temporarily closed because they found an unexploded German bomb under it leftover from The Blitz. I understand that happens often in Germany, too; the subway workers must have the EOD team on speed-dial and all know each other by first name.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 19:59   #29
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Holy crap eddie, that's quite disturbing.

I have heard a lot of stories about unexploded ordinance left over from WWII in lots of areas in europe, I imagine doing any kind of digging there isn't much fun. You've got sewer mains, an abundance of electrical cables, oh and some 50 year old bombs. Go at it boys!

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bombed, omg, raf, town