project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-09-10, 01:13   #1
Shan~Man
Supporting Member
Default Newb here, multple manual reads, over 30 co-op plays..am i ready to go live?

As stated..Newb here, multiple manual reads, over 30 co-op plays..am i ready to go live?
I think I have the basics down on Rifleman and medic. Could someone recommend a server freindly to new dudes? or advice on my next steps. I really like what I have seen so far as well as watching youtube vids of matches repeatedly. The teamwork aspect is what seems to set this mod apart.
Shan~Man is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 06:26   #2
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Newb here, multple manual reads, over 30 co-op plays..am i ready to go live?

Christ man...

Yeah go for it. In fact, I should probably prepare you to be kind of dissapointed, youtube videos are uploaded for a reason - they're good gameplay.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 09:57   #3
Kraken
Default Re: Newb here, multple manual reads, over 30 co-op plays..am i ready to go live?

^ What he said. Most games are pretty standard with nothing extraordinary happens but sometimes the stars align and you'll manage to pull of something that wins the match.

The game is not that complicated if you're playing infantry. I just jumped right into a server and started playing.

Stick to infantry for a while though, armor squads aren't noob friendly. As for first steps; Pick classes that revolve around infantry fighting and support i.e medics, rifleman. You'll learn how to play the other classes by watching your squad mates.
Kraken is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 10:31   #4
B2P1

Jeez,... the game is filled with 20% trolls, 40% banter 30% elitists 10% luck 20% skill and 50% concentrated power of will.

Some of you guys act like you're about to be shipped to Normandy or something lol.
B2P1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 10:42   #5
QuickLoad

Damn, the posts here are depressing.
Look/Be a good squad leader if you're planning on infantry, and regardless of you doing shit, or your team doing shit, you WILL have fun.

Good luck.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 10:49   #6
Jacksonez__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan~Man View Post
As stated..Newb here, multiple manual reads, over 30 co-op plays..am i ready to go live?
I think I have the basics down on Rifleman and medic. Could someone recommend a server freindly to new dudes? or advice on my next steps. I really like what I have seen so far as well as watching youtube vids of matches repeatedly. The teamwork aspect is what seems to set this mod apart.
geez, this is just a game nothing serious. Nobody cares if you fuck up or shit.

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 11:08   #7
Spook
Supporting Member

Newb gets PR. Doesn't read manual, doesn't check basic game mechanics in COOP and goes straight for MP > RTFM!! You casual plebs are ruining muh game!!!

Newb does everything right and even more > Chill dude, lol, its just a game.

Welcome to PR logic.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 11:14   #8
Jacksonez__

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Spook View Post
Newb gets PR. Doesn't read manual, doesn't check basic game mechanics in COOP and goes straight for MP > RTFM!! You casual plebs are ruining muh game!!!

Newb does everything right and even more > Chill dude, lol, its just a game.

Welcome to PR logic.

Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 11:21   #9
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

It's funny how with the more younger player led generation the way this game is perceived has changed. Though actually... it's kinda sad.
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 14:57   #10
Shan~Man
Supporting Member

Thanks for the replies......Wifey tells me I'm to detailed and study stuff to much b4 jumping in. Nike says just do it..... and I did last night, first ever game with REAL PEOPLE not bots. It was a small group and the SL was very helpful and most others were patient.

SL put me driving right off the bat.My driving skills are good in Humv but dont put me in a tank yet..but i followed orders and did as told and got where i was supposed to go w the tank and shoot. The SL helped out greatly- shoulda caught his name to post it here- too much going on at the time .

Need to work on Com skills. The H key and 0 key binds seem awkward to me. Any Suggestions?

It was slower than expected but thouroughly enjoyable.

Thanks again for the freindly responses. See you out there.
Shan~Man is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
coop, live, manual, multple, newb, playsam, reads, ready