project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
19 Oct 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2015-12-10, 11:33   #11
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: New large layers are epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Alt View Post
I dislike the new large layers immensely. Not because of the high ticket counts, but because of the fact they are standardized with the Std layers of maps, so options like Black Gold Large and Khami go down the drain. The fact of the matter is, the only two options for a map are now Std and Alt. By pulling the plug on variety, large layers are dead. The new generation of PR servers prefer shorter matches, but if you put interesting setups (e.g v1.1 Kashan Large), you will give people a reason to play something new and different from the typical 64 layer of a map.


Reasons people played Large layers:
*Asset Spam
*More Trans
*More Tickets
I personally thought that having the option for servers to be able to increase tickets on any layer though unlocking the "sv.ticketRatio" command for servers (although somewhat limited and possibly expanding its use too so servers could set the ticket ratio for each map and each layer indervidually) was the best option but that got overruled because the management felt that "players would get confused from the non-standardisation", even if the server had to state in its name it had long rounds, or possibly shown though PRSpy etc.

But ye though the "sv.ticketRatio", you would have got the same layer verity you had before, and server admins would be able to choose how long they wanted their rounds to run for and for what ever maps and layers they wanted, which would mean you could even have a 2hr long infantry layer, or a 30min layer of Asad Kal for seeding

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 23:27   #12
Chefmoto1
Supporting Member
Default Re: New large layers are epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
I personally thought that having the option for servers to be able to increase tickets on any layer though unlocking the "sv.ticketRatio" command for servers (although somewhat limited and possibly expanding its use too so servers could set the ticket ratio for each map and each layer indervidually) was the best option but that got overruled because the management felt that "players would get confused from the non-standardisation", even if the server had to state in its name it had long rounds, or possibly shown though PRSpy etc.

But ye though the "sv.ticketRatio", you would have got the same layer verity you had before, and server admins would be able to choose how long they wanted their rounds to run for and for what ever maps and layers they wanted, which would mean you could even have a 2hr long infantry layer, or a 30min layer of Asad Kal for seeding
Oh man that would have been fantastic. Too bad it won't happen, I like your idea.

I can say as an admin we literally never run large layers anymore because if our rounds last over two hours we start bleeding pop. I mean sure they are fun, but they are no different than other layers, just much longer. While I enjoy long rounds, a lot of the player base does not have the patience. They start leaving a little after halfway through.
Chefmoto1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 08:04   #13
fatalsushi83
Default Re: New large layers are epic

That sucks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 08:42   #14
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: New large layers are epic

If there was enough call from the community to have it then the management might be willing to listen but it would have to be pretty overwhelming support for them to agree it was worth the extra effort

Could start up a poll if there is enough call for it in this topic

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 18:29   #15
X-Alt
Default Re: New large layers are epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
If there was enough call from the community to have it then the management might be willing to listen but it would have to be pretty overwhelming support for them to agree it was worth the extra effort

Could start up a poll if there is enough call for it in this topic
Functionality should trump over avoiding a little bit of confusion TBH, and I think most admins would enjoy the feature of being able to adjust the tickets to their needs.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 07:50   #16
Chefmoto1
Supporting Member
Default Re: New large layers are epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
If there was enough call from the community to have it then the management might be willing to listen but it would have to be pretty overwhelming support for them to agree it was worth the extra effort

Could start up a poll if there is enough call for it in this topic
A poll would be nice. I know there are lots that would support the idea.
Chefmoto1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 12:03   #17
Tommygun
Default Re: New large layers are epic

I'm keen for a poll. More bells, whistles and options are always good providing server stability is not compromised.
Tommygun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 20:48   #18
piratepengu
Default Re: New large layers are epic

I disagree with them all the way. I mean, the higher ticket number is fine, but WHY DID YOU MAKE THEM THE EXACT SAME AS STANDARD. All the layers used to have a lot of variety, but now that's gone because standard and large are the exact same.
piratepengu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-19, 21:02   #19
Rabbit
Default Re: New large layers are epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepengu View Post
I disagree with them all the way. I mean, the higher ticket number is fine, but WHY DID YOU MAKE THEM THE EXACT SAME AS STANDARD. All the layers used to have a lot of variety, but now that's gone because standard and large are the exact same.
I agree

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 05:24   #20
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: New large layers are epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepengu View Post
I disagree with them all the way. I mean, the higher ticket number is fine, but WHY DID YOU MAKE THEM THE EXACT SAME AS STANDARD. All the layers used to have a lot of variety, but now that's gone because standard and large are the exact same.
May be DEV can change ALT, STD and LRG to Layer 1, Layer 2 and Layer 3 with differents factions/flags/assets.

So sei que nada sei.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
epic, large, laryers, layers
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:57.