project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #11
Republic_Commando

Default Re: What happened to the Epic Events?

I miss those events so much, but 200p was definitely chaotic in both a good and bad way. Something like the PRTA 128 Operation Deliverance would probably be more manageable these days and not turn into a huge brawl like 200p Ia Drang

]CIA[ RC007
http://ciagaming.org/
Republic_Commando is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #12
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

200p was not too many people, at least not specifically talking about such events. one time only well organized and run events with 200p was fine. the problem really comes with the servers not being able to reliably function with so many players. And of course in the case of any event it's a lot for work for the people organizing and hosting them with little or no reward at all. In many cases the organizers/hosts wouldn't even be able to participate in the fun due to all the administrative tasks required of them during the event to keep it running.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #13
Conman51

Those aren't events. Those are cluster fucks. The real events I want to see come back are the fight the dev nights and the golden squad event.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #14
risegold8929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51 View Post
Those aren't events. Those are cluster fucks.
Yep. Even as much as I hate to say it, so is 100p on some maps.

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
risegold8929 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:36 AM   #15
Pvt.LHeureux
-

You guys didn't play the 200p Normandy event or Vietnam I guess. It wasn't a clusterfuck. The beginning, sure while people were joining and squads forming up and such, but when the event went live it was freaking glorious in both cases. Vietnam event, people respected the "no squad radio rule" and it kicked ass. Normandy was also great, people regrouped properly in their boats and followed chain of command in the threat of being kicked. Who wants to get kicked and not experience the awesomeness anyway?

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
Nugiman
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
You guys didn't play the 200p Normandy event or Vietnam I guess. It wasn't a clusterfuck. The beginning, sure while people were joining and squads forming up and such, but when the event went live it was freaking glorious in both cases. Vietnam event, people respected the "no squad radio rule" and it kicked ass. Normandy was also great, people regrouped properly in their boats and followed chain of command in the threat of being kicked. Who wants to get kicked and not experience the awesomeness anyway?
Totally agree.
But it seems the playerbase changed ... probably wouldn't be possible today anymore.

Its always up to the player itself, and with the attitude "its the total clusterfuckz!!!11" we won't come back to where we were once.

Veni, Vidi, Pwnz0rz. - I came, I saw, I pwnd
Nugiman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #17
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

I had the most fun during karez tbh. That was the most organized game of PR i ever played.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #18
BroCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
I dont know man...the first 10-15 min on Ia Drang were awesome. However, the later stages of the match became a giant ass clusterfuck.

The Karez one though...was that the 4 hour long one where one team decided to set up camp in the upper left corner of the map right from the start of the game? If so, that event wasnt any better either.

BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #19
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
I dont know man...the first 10-15 min on Ia Drang were awesome. However, the later stages of the match became a giant ass clusterfuck.

The Karez one though...was that the 4 hour long one where one team decided to set up camp in the upper left corner of the map right from the start of the game? If so, that event wasnt any better either.
Well it was alot of fun for the Canadian team.

It was actually possible to control 200 players when they weren't trying to rush a flag. Sure, it took time but I enjoyed it so much, and I like to think alot of others did aswell. Its that one experience that prompted me to continue trying to get those events going.

And its still the most fun I have ever had, organizing planning and playing PR. I spent 3 days finding Platoon leaders, squadleaders and platoons togheter. Spent many late nights making a battle plan, and going through it with the team. And then seeing it executed at battle day. It was a bit of a let down finding the enemy in the top corner of the map. But I think the team didnt mind the tracking over a large distance to come into contact. There were so many factors, in my team I had a spanish squads, Israeli and turkish platoon leaders and an italian squadleaders. Not to mention the americans, germans and british players that litterd the rosters both on squadleader, fireteamleader and grunt level.

So many people coming togheter, and actually working in such a good way, 3 platoons of 33, squads of 11. The deployment plan was basically put the infantry in the center as cannon fodder. 3rd platoon as mechinf with armor as an anvil on the right flank. and the support platoon with CAS and trans mortars and HQ on the left.

That game was perhaps not as action filled as normandy, but the amazing line of infantry, apcs and vehicles lined up shooting at that hill, with mortar hits and all kinds of bullets and rockets filling the air. It was a superb experience, and it keeps me going to this date.

The amount of skill the players showed, by leading following and using their weapons and knowledge of communication and combat in such a techincally challenging enviroment.. It shows me there is still hope.

Sorry you had a boring time crocop, but to me it was a glorious undertaking, and massive challenge. And it succeeded so well in my oppinion, from the odds that it had.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #20
BroCop

The russian team literally doing nothing for 2 hours. I had to conduct some stupid ass manouvers to entertain myself for the evening by "abandoning my post" (I was sorta bored of sitting in a foxhole doing absolutely nothing while the other end of the "camp" was being shelled by tanks) so I ended up sneaking all the way to a mountain full of cannucks, standing between 20 of them and nobody realizing I was wearing a russian uniform. So the game was 80% sitting on my ass in a foxhole, with the final 20% being the discovery of what the hell is the canadian infantry doing the entire game.

Its easy to say how its a glorious and successful challenge in leading a 100 man team, when the opposition isnt doing anything to challenge the said team

BroCop is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
epic, events, happened