project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
15 Aug 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #11
Kerryburgerking
Default Re: Another two epic RPG shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless View Post
I noticed in the latest patch (not sure?) that it has the tendency to be incorrect on some maps (?)

Sometimes when you aim for the 1.5 it'll land at 300 meters, so it's x2 for some reason.

I think it might be a bug, I'll upload a video of it.
Ironically enough, the iron sights are better for range and the scope for closer targets.

Mean, green and unseen!
Kerryburgerking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #12
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless View Post
I noticed in the latest patch (not sure?) that it has the tendency to be incorrect on some maps (?)

Sometimes when you aim for the 1.5 it'll land at 300 meters, so it's x2 for some reason.

I think it might be a bug, I'll upload a video of it.
The only thing that you will find changes on different sized maps is the distance of the grid squares on your map.

Some maps, a grid square will be 150m. On 4km its 300m. On very small ones, you'll see 75m. Open your map and check the bottom-right, and you will see it says the size of the grids.

The RPG still shoots the same distance and the scope is accurate, but the range you've calculated to the target is wrong.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #13
Careless

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Post
The only thing that you will find changes on different sized maps is the distance of the grid squares on your map.

Some maps, a grid square will be 150m. On 4km its 300m. On very small ones, you'll see 75m. Open your map and check the bottom-right, and you will see it says the size of the grids.

The RPG still shoots the same distance and the scope is accurate, but the range you've calculated to the target is wrong.

...mongol...
Upon pressing cap locks it showed me 300 meters. That would be "3" on the scoped. I compensated a bit and I aimed with the part between "2.5" and "3" on the target, shot the RPG, and it flew aprox. double the distance.

At that moment I had no idea what I did wrong.

I'll try it again and I'll show you what I mean.

Careless is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #14
Careless

Now, upon recording I noticed that I was using the "wrong" sight myself.

On the LAT-version you have the left numbers, and the right numbers. For the rocket used in-game you have to use the left one, I always used the right numbers for some reason, hence the inaccuracy I experienced.

Careless is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
epic, rpg, shots