project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
06 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2018-07-25, 07:04   #1
Wispin
Default The "Missed Connections" Thread

Howdy, y'all!

Have you run into some poor, hapless enemy soldier who gave you a good laugh? What about a smurf or teammate that, alas, you didn't get the chance to know as the grenade slid into your foxhole?

This is the thread for you!

I'll start with a few missed connections from recent matches.

---

You were a Chinese soldier. I was a Brit. We stumbled around the corner into each other in a dark building, and in our surprise, emptied our magazines, but somehow managed to completely miss each other.

I ducked behind a wall and when I re-emerged, alas, you were gone before I could even give you my number. Anyone who's as bad a shot as I am is worthy of a coffee date, at least.

---

I was a squad leader, you were the first joiner. I said, "Hi there!" brightly, excited for my first round of the night.

You said, upon hearing my voice, "Are you twelve? That's a big nope," before promptly leaving the squad to join another.

We did extremely well, but we missed your presence and the charming personality you brought to the table.

I later discovered that I was not, in fact, a 12 year old boy. I think you will be reassured to hear that this came as a shock to me, too! Who could've known? Certainly not literally everyone but you.

---

Your turn! What's your funniest or saddest "missed connection" story?
Wispin is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
missed connections, thread