project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
29 Jun 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2015-07-06, 01:58   #1171
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke
Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Inspiration for the AK skin found in this thread on the Squad forums.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 13:51   #1172
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke
Default Re: Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

Night maps confirmed?

(Sorry for a heavy image double post)

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 13:58   #1173
KaB
Retired PR Developer

This is absolutely gorgeous.

KaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 15:44   #1174
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
Good thing I paid money to support a game I believe in, rather than expecting the price to be justified by a weapon reskin.

You got a clear answer on the kickstarter page, it's a weapon reskin, there's your weapon reskin, amazingly it's just a classic example of a weapon reskin.

Handguard is way too much work, just like this being an MMO was too much work. Or wait, maybe they always intended it to be just a standard reskin, like they always intended it to be a standard multiplayer FPS.
The basic $30 is what I paid to support the game in hope that it won't suck.
Rest of it is just spending(but pay more than double the previous tier) on hot air and still only one key.

If it must be just a different texture...just a different material for upper handguard(like Bakelite) mixed with standard lower wooden handguard(like on EG Mpi-K transition model) will be fine.
The least it can do is have less colourful garbage and not fuck with the stock wood texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmikaze View Post
You obviously don't have the slightest clue how some talibs decorate their AKs. The skin is approved by actual military advisors, and not some armchair keyboard warrior kids like you.
I know what they look like. And it's not just the talibans either...

Which is why I don't like them. I prefer different type of handguard, such as Romanian ones with vertical foregrip, or just a different material for upper handguard(like Bakelite) mixed with standard lower wooden handguard(like on EG Mpi-K transition model).

At least, something like this was what I expected:

You are still coming back for more? Learn about your airsoft shit first, then talk about real shit. And maybe, just maybe, someone will take you seriously.

Realistically you should get an unique player model like this:

Armchair keyboard warrior kid? Don't project your self-loathing onto me pls.
Last edited by ComradeHX; 2015-07-06 at 16:08..
Old 2015-07-06, 19:38   #1175
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

I kinda want to do good customer service here and offer you a refund for your game. You are clearly extremely unhappy with the product you havent even tried yet, nor the patience or understanding of the concept of being an early backer of a product that isnt even in alpha.

I would be disappointed to see this attitude make it ingame and ruin the rest of the players fun.

"Without geometry, life is pointless"
Z-trooper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 19:47   #1176
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-trooper View Post
I kinda want to do good customer service here and offer you a refund for your game. You are clearly extremely unhappy with the product you havent even tried yet, nor the patience or understanding of the concept of being an early backer of a product that isnt even in alpha.

I would be disappointed to see this attitude make it ingame and ruin the rest of the players fun.
I'm not unhappy, just glad I didn't pay for something suspicious that turned out to be as expected.

I would be unhappy if I had spent $70, though.

It would be disappointing to see your kind of attitude in game indeed; expecting a skin to affect gameplay.

Btw, I already found fairly obvious hints that modeler has no idea what RPK looks like. Nothing will disappoint me at this time.
Last edited by ComradeHX; 2015-07-06 at 20:07..
Old 2015-07-06, 19:53   #1177
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Quote:
He approves:

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 20:03   #1178
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

You forget that Kickstarter is also there to support projects you want to see getting realized.
It's not always meant to give you a clear value for your payment. You spend more because you want the Kickstarter to succeed. The bonus stuff are mostly gimmicks.
In the case of Squad I think they put a lot of thought behind the different baker levels. I really appreciated them.

That's my personal opinion though, I'm in no way involved to the Squad Kickstarter.

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 20:10   #1179
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed View Post
You forget that Kickstarter is also there to support projects you want to see getting realized.
It's not always meant to give you a clear value for your payment. You spend more because you want the Kickstarter to succeed. The bonus stuff are mostly gimmicks.
In the case of Squad I think they put a lot of thought behind the different baker levels. I really appreciated them.

That's my personal opinion though, I'm in no way involved to the Squad Kickstarter.
And I was willing to pay more(I donated more for PR) if I had gotten a straight answer on what the weapon skin will be.

How do you expect anyone to pay extra when nobody, not even devs could give a decent explanation on a simple weapon skin?
The RPK model was already all kinds of fucked in "spotlight" thread on squad forums...these things are not inspiring confidence.

I'm sure anyone can see the irony in all these claims of realism tactical shooter teamwork...etc. when they can't even get RPK to look right. (except for the fact that most people don't know what RPK looks like either)
Last edited by ComradeHX; 2015-07-06 at 20:20..
Old 2015-07-06, 20:35   #1180
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

That stock you posted is typical for the Balkans where soldiers carve stuff in with their knifes (it's in Serbian). For Afghanistan and such areas, the one presented by Squad is pretty accurate. I've seen a lot of similar decals on leaks from ISIS and Talibans.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
... hides behind, ..the alpha status, .for everything wrong, 5 fps, blur my screen, blurry, commercial, developers, game, inspired, katarn loves crysis, machinima, player forgot glass, poxo is ghey, pr > squad, prbf2, shit game, shitty blurry game, specs, squad