project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Dec 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-07-08, 19:38   #81
CR8Z
Supporting Member
Default Re: Team stacking is ruining the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Psyrus View Post
The admins and the experienced players would be the ones to thank for that.
It was a rhetorical question, but you're exactly right; the same people getting the shaft for teamstacking.

Can't win for losing.
CR8Z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 04:13   #82
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8Z View Post
It was a rhetorical question, but you're exactly right; the same people getting the shaft for teamstacking.

Can't win for losing.
Right, because they're the ones who can make a difference. Right now they tend to not care and group up, but if they consciously split themselves evenly between the teams (I'm not saying that a single clan has to do so, just don't AIC, PRwars, CIA, TG etc etc all join one team) then the games would be far more competitive and enjoyable for all.

Edit: Here you go, just checked PRspy and it's a great example of what I was just talking about

PRspy doesn't show all 85 players, so there may be more of each on either side, but from what we can see, the two clans are not only playing with their clan buddies, but have jumped on the same side as the other clan.

Can you point out the 8+ cohesive players you can recognize on the other team that will balance that out?

Edit #2: This is in no way trying to shame the above players, just an example of how the players tend to gravitate to the team that clearly looks stronger.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Psyrus; 2014-07-09 at 04:51..
Old 2014-07-09, 06:54   #83
Portable.Cougar

All I see is how you think everyone online on the right side isn't good enough.

Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 07:52   #84
Danger_6
PR Server License Moderator

Psyrus, there is nothing wrong with that screenshot. The teams look balanced.

The wine was in and the wit was out!

IGN: [3dAC] [PR]PDI|Danger_6
Danger_6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 08:46   #85
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Psyrus View Post
Right, because they're the ones who can make a difference. Right now they tend to not care and group up, but if they consciously split themselves evenly between the teams (I'm not saying that a single clan has to do so, just don't AIC, PRwars, CIA, TG etc etc all join one team) then the games would be far more competitive and enjoyable for all.

Edit: Here you go, just checked PRspy and it's a great example of what I was just talking about

PRspy doesn't show all 85 players, so there may be more of each on either side, but from what we can see, the two clans are not only playing with their clan buddies, but have jumped on the same side as the other clan.

Can you point out the 8+ cohesive players you can recognize on the other team that will balance that out?

Edit #2: This is in no way trying to shame the above players, just an example of how the players tend to gravitate to the team that clearly looks stronger.
They work well toegether. If a couple of Thema switch it does not necessarily mean they can make a difference working with the other team.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 14:19   #86
jcvjcvjcvjcv

Whenever I play BF2 with a few buddies we can completely dominate the game. I have yet to get them to play PR, but if I join PR and we get a good squad that works together... it's the same; one good squad can dominate the game.

The clantags only suggest that they tend to work more together.

But yes, the 1-man locked squads really are a weak point in this game. All you need is 9 idiots.. and the other 20 can't do anything.
jcvjcvjcvjcv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 14:40   #87
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
All I see is how you think everyone online on the right side isn't good enough.
Single players don't win the game, cohesive intra-squad and inter-squad teamwork wins the game, or is that new information to you?
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 15:23   #88
Portable.Cougar

I'm really bad at the game. I guess I don't know what this teamwork thing is.

Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 15:31   #89
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
I'm really bad at the game. I guess I don't know what this teamwork thing is.
Sarcasm doesn't particularly strengthen your argument

Anyway, since this is your train of thought:
Quote:
I have 4 or 5 guys I like to play with now a days. When I'm online. I play with them.
We'll never see eye to eye, because unlike you, every squad I lead is with complete randoms, so perhaps you're now unfamiliar (or have forgotten) with what that's like, especially when playing against a stacked team.
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 15:34   #90
CR8Z
Supporting Member

My point is, it can really go either way. I have definitely been on the side that beat prwars and/or aic. I have also been crushed by them.

You can't blame anyone for a flaw inherent in the system. Teamstacking is going to happen. It's been going on far longer than PR has been around. To suggest that it will "ruin" the game as the title of this thread suggests is farcical. The fact that this mod has survived nearly 10 years with Teamstacking very much present bears this out.
CR8Z is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
game, ruining, stacking, team