project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Changelogs
29 Nov 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Changelogs The changelogs for recently released Project Reality versions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2020-11-08, 13:48   #91
lao
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.6.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
That's the dumbest thing i have read today. Trained or not, when shot in unprotected vitals you WILL drop, whether you'll die immediately or not, is not the point here as in PR you get 5 minute wounded time unless rekt by things much stronger than a rifle.


Now playing on NA based server with high ping and low 30-40 fps on reichswald and I can only say one thing - you've succesfuly pushed me away from playing WW2. It takes too much to kill someone. I'm starting to think that all these people that demanded a change were assetwhores that had one thing in mind - breaking ww2 for those who liked it because ww2 is all about infantry. Tanks are slow and clunky and are easy to kill.

Having to cope with bad hitreg, high ping as only one server is running high pop and low fps results in situations when at the distance of 40 meters you have to waste half of your clip just to kill one guy standing still.

Big thumb down. If breaking ww2 was your goal, you did it.
It is still fun on the German side, though. Now people won't vote against WW2 because they will land on German side, but because they will land on American side

Still, what Frontliners said makes sense to me. I watched a few vids and have to say, 3s reload and aim down with Kar98K is realistic. However, I would still insist Garand needs reloading.

As for long range, I'm afraid I have no solution to suggest whatsoever.
lao is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 17:35   #92
Coalz101

Coalz101's Avatar
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.6.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lao View Post
Kevlar vests in WW2 is one of the funniest things I've read.
Hence i said if any, I honestly don't know about WW2 infrantry, fuck that I'm more of an armour/aircraft guy.

Quote:
That's the dumbest thing i have read today. Trained or not, when shot in unprotected vitals you WILL drop, whether you'll die immediately or not, is not the point here as in PR you get 5 minute wounded time unless rekt by things much stronger than a rifle.
Provided you even hit someone in a vital spot. You're just specifying your point down to one spot out of many that can be hit. And as I've said you won't fall over IMMEDIATELY and die.

And I've still eliminated your need quote this as the "dumbest thing" because what you're saying is irrelevant to a generalized statement.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 19:15   #93
VTRaptor

VTRaptor's Avatar
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.6.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
Hence i said if any, I honestly don't know about WW2 infrantry, fuck that I'm more of an armour/aircraft guy.



Provided you even hit someone in a vital spot. You're just specifying your point down to one spot out of many that can be hit. And as I've said you won't fall over IMMEDIATELY and die.

And I've still eliminated your need quote this as the "dumbest thing" because what you're saying is irrelevant to a generalized statement.
So in one post you're saying that you have no idea about ww2 infantry, but still say that a shot to the chest/upper legs will not stop you. Ok.

As i had some trouble with understanding your second paragraph, third is beyond me.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 21:25   #94
Golden_Pilot

Golden_Pilot's Avatar
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.6.3.0 Changelog

cool work
Golden_Pilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-10, 17:05   #95
akilmaf

akilmaf's Avatar
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.6.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post

It should be obvious that there isn't exactly a way to please everyone.
Well said. Thanks for the Dev's efforts. As Devs who represent %0,1 of the PR community, it is really hard to please the %99,9 pie

United we stand, divided we fall
akilmaf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-14, 14:36   #96
john...
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.6.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
So in one post you're saying that you have no idea about ww2 infantry, but still say that a shot to the chest/upper legs will not stop you. Ok.

As I had some trouble with understanding your second paragraph, the third is beyond me.
Well to answer you both, honestly, reality can be transferred to a video game in a way that the hit reignition box on a player in-game can represent simply your chest only and in a game even if you're hit in the foot it should be recognized as if you're hit in the chest, much like paintball if you're hit your hit no matter where it is that you've been hit. This is as close to reality as the software in use today will allow. Too bad for those who don't agree, it is much better than to have to shoot a guy three times to get a kill when he has hacks and can kill you with those easily. If you're skilled enough to hit your opponent then you should get rewarded with the win.
john... is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-14, 18:48   #97
VTRaptor

VTRaptor's Avatar
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.6.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by john... View Post
Well to answer you both, honestly, reality can be transferred to a video game in a way that the hit reignition box on a player in-game can represent simply your chest only and in a game even if you're hit in the foot it should be recognized as if you're hit in the chest, much like paintball if you're hit your hit no matter where it is that you've been hit. This is as close to reality as the software in use today will allow. Too bad for those who don't agree, it is much better than to have to shoot a guy three times to get a kill when he has hacks and can kill you with those easily. If you're skilled enough to hit your opponent then you should get rewarded with the win.
That's where you're wrong kiddo.

VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-14, 18:55   #98
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: PR:BF2 v1.6.3.0 Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by john... View Post
This is as close to reality as the software in use today will allow
What the shit are you talking about?

Quote:
it is much better than to have to shoot a guy three times to get a kill
It literally does take 3 shots to kill someone with 5.56 when they hit the vest/limbs
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49.