project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
18 May 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2009-03-29, 15:51   #1
Joery(NL)4
Default Freetrack setup

Does anybody of you guys use freetrack for pr
If so how have you set it up in freetrack and pr, it is way to reactive for me at the moment.

Thanx in advance.
Old 2009-03-29, 23:45   #2
nick20404

Default Re: Freetrack setup

Ummm, free track is apparently something that allows you to look around with your head in games such as flight simulators and racing games.

You cannot move your head around in PR, you can only do this in choppers and planes but you can also only do it while you are holding down the CTRL button which gets rid of your hud and ability to fire weapons.

I doubt it would work at all and if it did it would have no use in PR.
Old 2009-03-30, 00:38   #3
Fluffywuffy

I disagree! YouTube - Project Reality TrackIR + 3D HUD

Only Coders should be able to say what can and cannot be done.

[DM]AirborneLegs or hellatom ingame
Old 2009-03-30, 13:51   #4
nick20404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerwaffen View Post

Well you can't really disagree until the game actually has those features.
Old 2009-03-30, 14:26   #5
Joery(NL)4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerwaffen View Post

I agree that would be nice, although PB probebly will mess it up, but at the moment I would like to use it in vehicles (cars apc's) which would only requere mouse emulation.
I want to use this because I bought a racingwheel yesterday because the mod is called Project Reality.
Last edited by Joery(NL)4; 2009-03-30 at 14:29.. Reason: forgetting something
Old 2009-03-30, 21:46   #6
nick20404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joery(NL)4 View Post
I agree that would be nice, although PB probebly will mess it up, but at the moment I would like to use it in vehicles (cars apc's) which would only requere mouse emulation.
I want to use this because I bought a racingwheel yesterday because the mod is called Project Reality.
Yes, well the mod is called Project reality but its far from being realistic in any aspect besides the fact that it has realistic weapons and vehicles in it. But don't worry 80% of the people who play the mod for the first time expect it to be some ultra realistic experience which it is not, it is just a more realistic version of BF2. If you really bought a racing wheel just for this game you should probably take it back. or buy a racing gamelol.
Old 2009-03-31, 14:34   #7
Joery(NL)4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick20404 View Post
Yes, well the mod is called Project reality but its far from being realistic in any aspect besides the fact that it has realistic weapons and vehicles in it. But don't worry 80% of the people who play the mod for the first time expect it to be some ultra realistic experience which it is not, it is just a more realistic version of BF2. If you really bought a racing wheel just for this game you should probably take it back. or buy a racing gamelol.
The way I look at it is that you yhink I'm a first timer, wchich I'm not(correct me if I saw it wrong). I bought the wheel as well for GTA but since that game doesn't reconices it this probebly is the only game I will play with it. You are right it isn't 100% realistic, but that doesn't mean we can't try to make it more realistic.

Tags
freetrack, setup