project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
06 May 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-27, 17:18   #1
Alex123
Default Blachhawk mouselook issue, tank control issue

There is a bug, or maybe better said an inconsistency concerning mouselook and the blackhawk.

I use JoytoKey 3.79, with 2 instances. I have set it so that using the Hat switch on my joystick I can look arount without pressing anything else. One instance is used to let the hat behave like L-Ctrl (activates mouselook in BF2). The other instance is used to simulate max mousemovement in the direction pressed. As far as I know, this works fine in all choppers and planes. So pressing the hat up looks up, press left looks left etc.

Except for the blackhawk. When I press right it looks behind, as if the pilot turned its head 180 degrees instead of 90 or so degrees to the right.

There is another button ( I believe primary fire) that makes it look right but it is very inconvenient and inconsistent, especially considering the other flyable choppers.

So I would like to ask if something can be done about this inconsistency.

A second thing is tank control. I have not researched this thoroughly so I can not name specific land vehicles or tanks. I believe all of them may be affected. For instance the challenger. I use the throttle (slider) on my stick for speed forward and backward. But there is only a small window in which it works. A (fictional numbers) example may illustrate this better. My throttle has a travel of 1cm forward. The challenger only responds proportianally to the first 0,5 cm I move the throttle, after that its full throttle. This is an issue with PR or BF2. This is not an issue with the stick, as I use DXTweak2 on my secondary screen to see what the input is measured, raw and via DirectInput. It responds to the full input of the throttle, though the challenger only responds to the first 0,5 cm of travel.
I believe there is the same issue controlling left/right steering. I use a pedal set to steer left and right, but it is very unnatural and I feel there is the same issue in which a small amount of travel is only used. But I cannnot confirm this. As I recall in another tank, I believe the abrams, it only responds to another part of the slider, but not the first part.
Old 2008-03-04, 04:53   #2
SectorNine50

Delete me.
Last edited by SectorNine50; 2008-03-04 at 04:56.. Reason: Computer lagged, didn't realized it posted before I added more. (You can delete this if you'd like.)
Old 2008-03-04, 04:54   #3
SectorNine50

I noticed this BH thing as well, and I'm pretty sure it's like that because before the supply crates were added, the left click would look left, and the right click would look right. (Kinda backwards, but that's how it worked IIRC.) You'll notice that when you press ctrl in the BH, it looks left, and that is where center is on the view, probably why it's limiting the ability to look left and makes it so that your HAT responds weird.

I'm guessing that's because the tanks were meant to be used with keyboards in vanilla which only gets an "on or off" command, not a range of motion. I'd be willing to bet that this is hard-coded as well.
Old 2008-04-05, 22:24   #4
krekc

yeah I agree! please fix. the mouse-free-look key really shouldn't have the function of pilot look left assigned to it, in transport helos imo. I would suggest RMB = Look Right, LMB = look left, Space bar = deploy supply crate. Please keep mouse-free-look for just that function. thanks.

'Never in the field of human contact has so much been fired at so many by so few' - Apache Helicopter pilot Steve James
Old 2008-04-07, 16:12   #5
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Its not just the blackhawk.. for me its in all choppers but not all the time.

My mouse look is knackered... any fix about?
Old 2008-04-07, 17:50   #6
Engineer

Yeah.. Only reason I love this bug is because I can see the people riding in the back....

However, it is impossible to look right...
Old 2008-04-07, 21:57   #7
Symplify

Send a message via MSN to Symplify

It is impossible to look right because of the way the developers have setup the look system in the current version. The idea was that, when someone hits ctrl, the pilots looks left, and you will be able to turn your head an additional 90 degrees to see the smacktard firing off the minigun behind you. However, the result is that no one can look right anymore in free look, and you have to click primary fire.

Old 2008-04-07, 23:10   #8
Fearosius

Send a message via MSN to Fearosius

Right now = Right click (or space) you can look outside the right window and still fly, CTRL automatically makes you face you're left window and moving you're mouse makes you look around the helicopter, thats what I have and its default.
Old 2008-04-10, 11:14   #9
krekc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearosius View Post
Right now = Right click (or space) you can look outside the right window and still fly, CTRL automatically makes you face you're left window and moving you're mouse makes you look around the helicopter, thats what I have and its default.
Fearosius that's what we're talking about, when you press your CTRL key nothing should happen until you move your mouse alowing you to look where ever you want. Pressing CTRL shouldn't turn the camera to the left..

'Never in the field of human contact has so much been fired at so many by so few' - Apache Helicopter pilot Steve James
Closed Thread

Tags
blachhawk, control, issue, mouselook, tank