project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
11 May 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2021-04-18, 18:02   #11
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: M1 Carbine is kinda useless in the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
You mis-read what i said...
See? This is what happens when you write a 2000 word essay. Any points you may be trying to make get lost in the wall of text, and readers don't put much effort into trying to understand what you are conveying. TBF, I had stated that I had not read your entire volume of lore related to the M1, missing the word 'carbine' completely and thought u were on about the Garand, thinking you mistyped .30-06 as .30. Definitely could hunt small game with .30 caliber rounds, like Wing-Walker wrote, pretty much a pistol round similar to the .357.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-18, 18:04   #12
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: M1 Carbine is kinda useless in the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Varmint means a wild animal, typically small nuisances near middle or bottom of food chain that causes trouble for live stock/farms(fox, badger, coyote)...
omg - did you literally take the time to write out a definition of Varmint? lmfao!

I had misread / missed the 'carbine', but certainly not unfamiliar with the term 'varmint'.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-06, 07:34   #13
H.N.Khan
Default Re: M1 Carbine is kinda useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
I dont like it. It takes too long to kill. Trading one shot kill for detachable mags is not worth it. I hate being forced into using it. The 1911 is better as a personal defense weapon than the m1 carbine.
That's not even an argument. That's more of a failure in reasoning. The carbine's role is very different as are the roles of the kits it comes auto assigned in. Perhaps if people stopped misusing their equipment, the rest of the squad could actually get something done.
H.N.Khan is offline Reply With Quote