project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
06 May 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2020-07-17, 13:47   #1
CmndrFello
Supporting Member

Default Custom map with Navmesh, crashing at end

Hello!

I've recently got deeper into modding and wanted to try and create some custom maps to get a bit of experience with it.
I followed the steps of a couple of tutorials and made a Navmesh, in the editor the navmesh touches all of the control points and spawn points.
I made the map with layers and the only layer is 16.

I try to load the level through SinglePlayer->mymap16players, and It goes through all the loads but crashes with no error when the 'Join Game' button appears.

The map loads normally on local Conquest.
Does anyone know why is this happening?

EDIT: I'm doing this in BF2 not PR
CmndrFello is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-17, 13:51   #2
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Custom map with Navmesh, crashing at end

Have you ran debugger?

http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index...ng-debug-mode/

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-17, 13:52   #3
CmndrFello
Supporting Member

Yes, I'm running on BF2_r on windowed but no error comes up.
Old 2020-07-17, 15:04   #4
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7

Check logs in \mods\bf2\Logs for error.

Old 2020-07-17, 15:32   #5
CmndrFello
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
Check logs in \mods\bf2\Logs for error.
I checked the logs and it said Ai.ai is missing. I placed one in there and now when I load I get a different error on the logs, stating:

"Assert: NavMesh: (m_treeCount < 2) More than one island in the navMesh!!!"

My map dosen't have more than one island, It's just a small city with the combat area surrounding it. So I don't understand what's causing this.
Old 2020-07-17, 15:36   #6
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7

Are you sure your navmesh is only one island? Both the infantry and vehicle one? Have you edited them?

Old 2020-07-17, 15:43   #7
CmndrFello
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
Are you sure your navmesh is only one island? Both the infantry and vehicle one? Have you edited them?
From what I checked in 3dsmax, It's all just a big chunk and nothing else, so I guess it's one island? How can I make sure?
EDIT: No I haven't edited them
Old 2020-07-17, 15:46   #8
CmndrFello
Supporting Member

Looking at it again, the Vehicle.obj is not at all in one chunk, It has alot of seperate little ones. How can I fix this?
Old 2020-07-17, 15:56   #9
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmndrFello View Post
Looking at it again, the Vehicle.obj is not at all in one chunk, It has alot of seperate little ones. How can I fix this?
Edit it, alternatively go NavMesh\work\ *your map name* \GTSData\debug\islands\vehicle, pick the largest file and copy that as vehicle.obj in \GTSData\output

Old 2020-07-17, 16:29   #10
CmndrFello
Supporting Member

OK! It worked! The game dosen't crash and the bots move and do the objectives! Thank you!
But after 2 minutes of gameplay the game crashes and log shows:

Code:
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Geom\NametagManager.cpp(1183): Debug: Geom: NAMETAG: Player and LocalPlayer is in same Squad, and currently flagged as: 3
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Geom\NametagManager.cpp(1149): Debug: Geom: NAMETAG: About to update Player Color LocalPlayer: 2 PlayerTeam/Name: 1 E. Smith
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Geom\NametagManager.cpp(1210): Debug: Geom: NAMETAG: Player and LocalPlayer are in opposing teams, and currently flagged as: 1
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Geom\NametagManager.cpp(1232): Debug: Geom: NAMETAG:       This is the unhandled case of item.m_colorIndex == CIOpposingTeam, but not changed == false
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Geom\NametagManager.cpp(1149): Debug: Geom: NAMETAG: About to update Player Color LocalPlayer: 2 PlayerTeam/Name: 2 T. Holmsten
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Geom\NametagManager.cpp(1183): Debug: Geom: NAMETAG: Player and LocalPlayer is in same Squad, and currently flagged as: 3
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\Geom\NametagManager.cpp(1149): Debug: Geom: NAMETAG: About to update Player Color LocalPlayer: 2 PlayerTeam/Name: 2 I. Ackworth
D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\AI\AIDLL\AI\AIPathFinding\NavMesh\QuadTreeManager.cpp(748): Assert: NavMesh: (island < m_quadTrees.size()) 4294967295
I know it's off topic but any idea why its happening?