project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2016-09-14, 09:57   #151
[R-DEV]​MasterX
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

MasterX's Avatar
Default Re: Post Your Battlestations

Wow so nice, are you going to develop a rocket?

I' ve got:

Intel Core i7-6700K Boxed
MSI Z170A GAMING M5
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
32GB Kingston HyperX Fury
1x WD Blue WD10EZEX, 1TB
1x 500gb Samsung Evo
550W

The case was very nice to work with: Fractal Design Define S

MasterX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 15:03   #152
Rabbit

Rabbit's Avatar
Default Re: Post Your Battlestations

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]MasterX View Post

Corsair case? If so I think I have the same one and its amazing at cooling



AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 00:32   #153
mangeface
Supporting Member

mangeface's Avatar
Default Re: Post Your Battlestations

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]MasterX View Post
Wow so nice, are you going to develop a rocket?

I' ve got:

Intel Core i7-6700K Boxed
MSI Z170A GAMING M5
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
32GB Kingston HyperX Fury
1x WD Blue WD10EZEX, 1TB
1x 500gb Samsung Evo
550W

The case was very nice to work with: Fractal Design Define S
Someone has to protect us from Skynet...

That's quite a build! How much of a buffer do you have on your power supply? 550 seems like it's teetering on the edge.
mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 00:44   #154
PricelineNegotiator
Banned
Default Re: Post Your Battlestations

550W power supply does seem a bit weak. Have either of you looked into m.2 SSDs? They are incredibly cheap right now, and RAID is still slower than the new 600 series by Intel. Check them out! I got mine two weeks ago and I would never look back to SATA SSDs.
PricelineNegotiator is offline
Last edited by PricelineNegotiator; 2016-09-15 at 00:56..
Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 01:14   #155
Airsoft
Retired PR Developer

Airsoft's Avatar
Default Re: Post Your Battlestations

I have a similar setup planned Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING X 8G - System Build - PCPartPicker

How's the fit of your case in a mid-tower MasterX?

I'm stuck with choosing between a mid or full tower


Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 11:55   #156
mangeface
Supporting Member

mangeface's Avatar
Default Re: Post Your Battlestations

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
550W power supply does seem a bit weak. Have either of you looked into m.2 SSDs? They are incredibly cheap right now, and RAID is still slower than the new 600 series by Intel. Check them out! I got mine two weeks ago and I would never look back to SATA SSDs.
I won't be doing any kind of tasks that would require the speed of an m.2 SSD. Plus I have my liquid cooling done and my GPUs cover the m.2 SSD slot.
mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 13:37   #157
Vista
Default Re: Post Your Battlestations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangeface View Post
I won't be doing any kind of tasks that would require the speed of an m.2 SSD. Plus I have my liquid cooling done and my GPUs cover the m.2 SSD slot.
Where did you learn how to custom watercool? Youtube guides?
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-16, 01:15   #158
mangeface
Supporting Member

mangeface's Avatar
Default Re: Post Your Battlestations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Where did you learn how to custom watercool? Youtube guides?
Actually I just looked at a few pictures of liquid cooled rigs and hit the ground running. I read a couple of reviews for what pump I wanted to go with, but most of it was all just done by knowing the look I wanted and buying the components to match it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Airsoft View Post
I have a similar setup planned Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING X 8G - System Build - PCPartPicker

How's the fit of your case in a mid-tower MasterX?

I'm stuck with choosing between a mid or full tower
I would suggest going with a full. The 10XX series cards are big. And I mean big. My case is a little larger than a full sized and my cards fill it out.
mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-16, 12:33   #159
[R-DEV]​MasterX
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

MasterX's Avatar
Default Re: Post Your Battlestations

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
550W power supply does seem a bit weak. Have either of you looked into m.2 SSDs? They are incredibly cheap right now, and RAID is still slower than the new 600 series by Intel. Check them out! I got mine two weeks ago and I would never look back to SATA SSDs.
Nah it uses around 400W, 550 should be more than enough. Not gonna overclock at this point anyway. But I might in the future and 550 should still be enough, maybe on the edge. Calculate here: OuterVision Power Supply Calculator

M.2 SSD is something I considered, however I wanted to have 500gb atleast and it's just not worth the money (here in the Netherlands).

I do recommend the case Fractal Design Define S. Very quiet, a lot of space, easy way of cable management. It just doesn' t look very nerdy.

MasterX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 15:49   #160
[R-COM]Hulabi
FDF Faction Lead
Supporting Member

Hulabi's Avatar
Default Re: Post Your Battlestations

Finally upgraded after 6 years of using a potato-build.

Operating System: Windows 10
Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz + Corsair H100i
Memory: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz
Video Card: Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 OC
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Z
Hard Drive(s): 1x 512GB M.2 SSD, 1x 500GB 2.5" SSD, 1x 3TB 3.5" HDD
Power Supply: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA 850 G2
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout
Monitor: Acer Predator X34A 34" Curved 3440x1440p 21:9 Ultrawide 100Hz G-SYNC Monitor
Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Limited Edition
Mouse: Mionix Castor 10 000 DPI (+ Mionix Alioth XXLarge Mousepad, 1200x500x3mm )
Keyboard: Fnatic Gear Rush Mechanical Keyboard


FDF Looking for Modellers, Mappers, Texture artists and Exporters!
#fdfpr @ QuakeNet or PM Hulabi
Hulabi is offline
Last edited by [R-COM]Hulabi; 2016-09-21 at 15:58..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
battlestations, hardware, post, show
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 21:44.