project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
04 Mar 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2021-01-13, 18:14   #31
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Operation: Harsh Doorstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
Will there be scripting to enable something similar to ArmA co-op missions and such or just PvP with bots?
Not on launch, but that is one of our main priorities.

Post launch our first two objectives will be streamlining Steam workshop integration and building our in-game editor that also features an integrated scripting language, so that way you can build script modifications that don't require booting up UE4 and screwing with blueprints.

Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 08:26   #32
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedrake42 View Post
One thing I really wanted to nail was the leaning. I really didn't enjoy Squad's leaning implementation until it was updated years layer. We took inspiration from Insurgency: Sandstorm, and I'm pretty happy with our first iteration.
Have you considered a stance system similar to Arma 3? I know a lot think it is a bit clunky, but having all those in between stances instead of just prone, crouched and standing really helps to utilize cover.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 15:00   #33
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
Have you considered a stance system similar to Arma 3? I know a lot think it is a bit clunky, but having all those in between stances instead of just prone, crouched and standing really helps to utilize cover.
Man we're just trying to get the first version of the game out lol so more advanced features we're not discussing at this moment. Nothing is off the table though, but we're just taking this project one release at a time.

Old 2021-01-15, 18:15   #34
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

It is time to return all those crazy suggestions we got over the years and you have no "its hardcoded" excuse

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 20:44   #35
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Get on the project mats

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 13:35   #36
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
It is time to return all those crazy suggestions we got over the years and you have no "its hardcoded" excuse
I offered this project to you all twice lol so why don't you all make those things for it =P SDK will be out soon enough

Last edited by Bluedrake42; 2021-01-16 at 14:15..
Old 2021-01-17, 04:10   #37
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member

Finishing up our squad management and deployment menus this week.

Very similar to Project Reality of course, but with some "improvements" that I've always wanted. Kit restrictions are more clear, and have messages that explain why each kit is restricted. Hoping this will help new players understand the restriction system better.

I've never really understood the "page" system that Hell Let Loose and other games have. I enjoy having both the squad, deployment, and equipment selection menus on the same page. I'm hoping this implementation will be familiar to Project Reality players, but still extremely straight-forward and accessible.

Additionally, squads are divided up into platoons. Platoons dynamically change depending on which vehicle assets are available on the map. so for instance if armor is available, then the armored platoon becomes available. Each platoon has its own vehicle and equipment restrictions as well.

I thought this would be a clean way to still keep vehicles exclusive to their respective squad types, without making things too restrictive and confusing.

More updates to come.

Old 2021-01-19, 00:45   #38
[508th_PIR] Grey
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedrake42 View Post

Additionally, squads are divided up into platoons. Platoons dynamically change depending on which vehicle assets are available on the map. so for instance if armor is available, then the armored platoon becomes available. Each platoon has its own vehicle and equipment restrictions as well.
Well akshually, a platoon is a grouping of squads, not the other way around. Still, interesting idea, looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

[508th_PIR] Grey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 14:31   #39
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

I take the asset is exclusive to players in the asset squad for it?

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-20, 15:55   #40
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member

First iteration of the squad management system is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
I take the asset is exclusive to players in the asset squad for it?
Well more specifically there are two categories now. You have your normal squads, and then you have squad divisions or platoons (we haven't settled on which to name them yet.) Each platoon is specific to certain assets, yes. So in order to get an asset, you have to be in the correct platoon. This will of course only matter for heavy assets.