project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Modelling & Animations
22 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Modelling & Animations Everything but Static Objects

Old 2013-09-23, 00:54   #71
M_Striker

Default Re: [Weapon] Geballte Ladung 3kg [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifle View Post
If that pic is when youve already expanded the "border" area so you dont get bleeding, I would suggest packing it a little bit tighter. The texture should be 512x512, so might as well try to get as much detail as you can on the page. And its a box, so why don't you connect some of the faces that way you can get even scratches on an edge instead of doing it twice if you get what I mean. and if you do it this way, the pixel bleeding isnt as much to manage.
I'm not understanding the first part of your post. I should pack it tighter? Then won't I get more bleed? I understand you have to find a balance between getting the most space out of the sheet as possible while keeping reasonable gaps in between to prevent bleeding. That's what I tried to do.

And then could someone explain stitching to me? Obviously you pointed out the pros of doing so, but what are the cons? I had it stitched above before Lucky suggested I separate the faces. Just wondering what the meaning behind all of it is. Thanks for the help!

M_Striker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 02:00   #72
[R-DEV]​CTRifle
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to CTRifle
Default Re: [Weapon] Geballte Ladung 3kg [WIP]

Alright, with regards to pixel bleeding, I always put a little color passed the UV map lines to be safe. But imo youre new UV is just a little far apart, its not a major thing, but up to you. Right now you have tons of space.

What I meant about the faces is, especially for the bigger faces (the sides) if you leave them stitched together, itll make a "smoother" texture as itll have more of a flow.

I don't really see any cons to stitching faces together unless they are sperate materials or colors. That would just make more workf or yourself.

CTRifle is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
3kg, geballte, ladung, weapon, wip, wipww2