project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Apr 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-12-26, 00:15   #81
iwingi
Default Re: BF2FreeLook - head tracking, mouselook, snap and pan views

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Where are you trying to move his head? You can only do it while in an aircraft. And jeeps and trucks etc.
Of course, I was trying in vehicles. It might be worth noting that the numpad keys on the FreeLook program also have no effect ingame.
iwingi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 00:34   #82
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Tried running both programs as administrator? Also make sure you're using the fixed BF2FreeLook for PR, link is https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...F2FreeLook.exe

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 01:26   #83
iwingi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Tried running both programs as administrator? Also make sure you're using the fixed BF2FreeLook for PR, link is https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...F2FreeLook.exe
Everything has been ran as Administrator.
I've also tested the old version of the FreeLook program to see the difference between the modded version and the previous one. The old one never detects PR. The modded version will indicate - BF2 v1.5 detected.

As you can see here, the TrackIR software doesn't detect a title. I think this may be related to the issue. Earlier, Elite Dangerous wasn't utilizing TrackIR since the TrackIR software didn't recognize Elite Dangerous. To solve that, I had to update the software's titles. I believe we need to manage to have the TrackIR software communicate with the FreeLook program.

Although, I'd still like to point out the Numpad buttons found on the FreeLook program have no effect ingame either.
Old 2014-12-26, 16:06   #84
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Hmm I think FreeLook only works with freetrack/facetrack noir

Old 2014-12-26, 19:25   #85
iwingi

Tried long and hard, conclusion: TrackIR 5 cannot be used. Unless someone can figure this out, this version of TrackIR cannot be used by FreeTrack. Confirmation found here: TrackIR Cameras & FreeTrack - NaturalPointofView - Critical look at NaturalPoint business practices

It's quite sad to be honest, I was very exited to hear someone had fixed the program. Yet, now I've learned TrackIR requested FreeTrack to disable the usage of their cameras. You can downgrade FreeTrack to previous version with previous TrackIR software, although TrackIR 5 is too recent for the previous software to recognize it. Unless someone can manage to solve this issue, no 6dof for TrackIR 5 users...

Edit: Still trying, got FreeTrack to "recognize" the TrackIR 5 camera - if we can call it that. As you might notice, the source selected has the same ID as my TrackIR 5 camera which can be seen in the picture I supplied earlier. Although, it isn't gathering any picture from it. It knows it's there, but can't use it.

Last edited by iwingi; 2014-12-26 at 19:48..
Old 2014-12-26, 21:24   #86
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

I suggest you try once with a webcam if you have one by using FaceTrackNoIR and see if it works.

Old 2014-12-26, 23:18   #87
iwingi

I might give it a shot in a few days. I'd have to go purchase myself a quick trashy cam in order to test the program finally.
Old 2014-12-27, 17:14   #88
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Maybe find a friend with a laptop and try it out so you don't have to spend money?

Old 2015-09-06, 21:40   #89
guru951
Supporting Member

So how about now that the game is standalone?
I just built a diy headtracker with an ir led, battery pack, and battery (duh) for $11. Now realizing that just my webcam (logitech c920 HD) was enough. Still struggling with getting anything working.

guru951 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 22:21   #90
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

It works for me, what problems do you have?

Tags
bf2freelook, freetrack, head, mouselook, pan, snap, tracking, trackir, views