project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Apr 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2021-02-19, 19:07   #11
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Kafr Halab INS alt (Syrian rebels vs insurgents)

Quote:
a lot of friendly fire incidents
Project Reality.
Rusty_42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 04:40   #12
Iguanadjy

Haha that’s gonna be awesome like the idea FINALLY Some 3rd tier faction facing each other. I can’t wait to witness 2 techi facing each other and that moment of hesitation ... Friend or foe? BrrrrraaaaP!

Supporting this game since 0.6 Never gonna give up!
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 21:00   #13
=-=kittykiller2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguanadjy View Post
Haha that’s gonna be awesome like the idea FINALLY Some 3rd tier faction facing each other. I can’t wait to witness 2 techi facing each other and that moment of hesitation ... Friend or foe? BrrrrraaaaP!
please asset balance but bearing in mind we need sillouttes
=-=kittykiller2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 14:41   #14
axytho
Supporting Member

Thanks devs!
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 17:44   #15
rogdozz

I just played this layer for the first time and I gotta say I love it. One of my favorite INS layers for just some casual fun. Kind of comparable to Fallujah but less overplayed and more chaos (some friendlies and enemies look almost exactly the same). Friendly fire was definitely more common but IMO it was still fun, having to use local chat a lot more to communicate that you’re friendly and looking at the map more often.

But maybe you need good teams for this layer to be fun.
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 16:55   #16
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Levels:
  • Kafr Halab
    • Fixed FSA having wrong Zil truck
    • Added armbands to FSA uniforms
Rusty_42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 17:51   #17
Unicode
PR Server License Moderator

Remove the armbands wtf, you're ruining the fun, in irl conflicts they're having problems recognising friendlies and foes too, and they have no minimap
Unicode is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 19:34   #18
rogdozz

I agree that the armbands should be removed or at least made more subtle. I want this map to be different from others, it should be chaotic and make you anxious because you constantly have to keep in mind where your friendlies are (also by using local a lot to announce your position, which is similar to real battles where they scream at each other all the time).

That's PRs strength, to make different conflicts actually feel different in-game. The armbands kinda ruin this because the biggest distinguishing factor of this layer is that you have a hard time telling apart friendlies and enemies and it made for a special type of gameplay. Just my 2 cents
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 22:27   #19
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

I agree. Just like Bamyan inf-alt, its made for a specific type of gameplay scenario. The more chaotic the better in this case.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 05:35   #20
Sapper28
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
What will the vehicles be like? Because I can see a lot of friendly fire incidents unless there's some retexture work to be done in order to differentiate them.
In a word - yes. We played this layer last night and it was TK central. Most encounters were shoot first, but everybody understood the difficulty with friend/foe recognition.

Still was a very good game though, just not really asymmetrical. Blufor (if you can call them that) won by about 170 tix, but they were the stronger team. I think time will tell, but BLUFOR may need more than 700 tix to begin with.

Since 0.85 i think... too long ago

Sapper28 is offline Reply With Quote