project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
13 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-28, 18:39   #61
Wipeout

*dances*

I <3 no guilly.

Old 2006-07-30, 13:41   #62
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I don't know if it's been said already, but please can someone fix the front page version of this to use html tags instead of vBulletin ones?
Old 2006-07-30, 14:04   #63
Malik
Banned

Yeah, I was thinking that. It looks kinda ugly having open BBCode everywhere...

Question on Brits: Are they having the 4x SUSATs?
Old 2006-07-30, 17:40   #64
Pence
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik
Question on Brits: Are they having the 4x SUSATs?
Project Reality = SUSAT's, they are standard and only in training and engineers do you see ironsights now.

The L85A2 with L17A1 UGL and the Rifleman's L85A2 should definetly have a SUSAT.

Malik, by the way, its x4 (As in x4 scope), 4x is for long range viewing aparatus.
Old 2006-07-30, 19:05   #65
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

We have a fairly substantial overhaul of the class system coming. I am not gonna go into all the details, but what we eventually want to get to (post 0.4) is that we have some weapons intentionally using iron sights on some classes (fairly common) and some weapons intentionally using optics on other classes (more rare). And that includes the Susat.

Cheers!
egg

Old 2006-07-31, 04:55   #66
Pence
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
We have a fairly substantial overhaul of the class system coming. I am not gonna go into all the details, but what we eventually want to get to (post 0.4) is that we have some weapons intentionally using iron sights on some classes (fairly common) and some weapons intentionally using optics on other classes (more rare). And that includes the Susat.
I thought you was unbalenceing the weapons that each army has, and makeing the four armys unique?
Old 2006-07-31, 05:03   #67
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pence
I thought you was unbalenceing the weapons that each army has, and makeing the four armys unique?
No, not sure where you read that but that's not the case.

The design plan for 0.4 - which has been in place for nearly 2 months now - is largely a symetrical deployment of gear to the 4 factions.

Until we get a lil more work done on them the Brits will be shy some vehicles, so will be deployed in maps and scenarios that suit their vehicular capabilities.

We may have some asymetric scenarios, but the factions will generally be equal.

Once we're into the tail end of work on the Brits in a laregly symetrically balanced combat environment, we'll evaluate other options.

Cheers!
egg

Old 2006-07-31, 13:54   #68
[SAF]stal20048

i love the models!, great work, ive been searching mod by mod day and night for one that includes Brits( just make sure they have decent voice-overs, not the stupid BF2:SF SAS ones. (*starlight*)
Old 2006-07-31, 18:43   #69
Pence
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SAF]stal20048
i love the models!, great work, ive been searching mod by mod day and night for one that includes Brits( just make sure they have decent voice-overs, not the stupid BF2:SF SAS ones. (*starlight*)
Alot of people dont like that eh?

"Starlight!" - BF2:SF way of saying "Medic!" was kind of stupid, i hated playing the airport map just because you would hear that and noobs would look towards the sky~!
Closed Thread

Tags
26th, july, project, reality, roadmap, update