project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
19 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2017-05-31, 00:29   #5441
Kingy

Default Re: What is the last movie you watched?

Maybe I need to re-watch it then. I only ever saw it on the big screen. But still, "shows it's age"? Was 2009 that low-tech?

Is there a chance that this is because of the style of the film? That the slightly out of date cinematography is in fact intentional.
Kingy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-31, 02:05   #5442
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

I assumed he meant the 70s movie Inglorious Bastards as opposed to Tarantinos Inglorious Basterds.

At least, thats the only way it may surely show its age. Tarantinos movie is less than 10 years old and is still one of his best scripts, after Kill Bill/Django/Pulp Fiction. Controversly I actually think KB/Django are better than Pulp Fiction for pure movie making, it is a massively close 3rd though.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-31, 02:45   #5443
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
I assumed he meant the 70s movie Inglorious Bastards as opposed to Tarantinos Inglorious Basterds.

At least, thats the only way it may surely show its age. Tarantinos movie is less than 10 years old and is still one of his best scripts, after Kill Bill/Django/Pulp Fiction. Controversly I actually think KB/Django are better than Pulp Fiction for pure movie making, it is a massively close 3rd though.
I could understand thinking KB vol1 and Django are better, but not vol2.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-31, 11:38   #5444
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Well I look at KB as one movie (as it was intended). The first half is more action oriented but the writing in volume 2 is truly sublime and takes a bit of movie-appreciation to actually see how good it is.

The coffin scene is simply astoundingly brilliant, as is the training portion with Pai Mei and the showdown with Bill, so much emotion from the characters its insane.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 15:57   #5445
Leopardi

A new take on The Unknown Soldier, technically seems on par with the latest hacksaw ridge's and alike, so will most definitely see this

Edit: Special effects team from Band of Brothers is behind this movie, guess that explains
Last edited by Leopardi; 2017-06-07 at 12:46..
Old 2017-06-03, 12:59   #5446
DogACTUAL

I can't stand that fucking fake ass dialect those belt dwellers use in the expanse.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 17:19   #5447
burghUK

LA LA land.

Excellent film, very impressed by Goslings piano skills considering he learned for the movie. Very uplifting story and great acting by Emma Stone.
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 09:11   #5448
ShockUnitBlack

Generation War (German WW2 Miniseries)

So I enjoyed this. Engrossing and very ambitious stories and moves at a rapid pace. Good battle scenes and sets and costumes and such. Relies way too much on highly improbable coincidences but works on the whole.

I'm aware this show has been accused of historical revisionism, and that's half-true. The five main characters are all, to varying degrees, "good" Germans, and while the series features several of the requisite thugs and SS scumbags, there are few true Nazis around. German crimes are acknowledged but exist primarily in an abstract, off-screen sense. Soviets and Poles are depicted as little different from the Germans.

It's not really revisionist, but by focusing exclusively on "good" Germans, this show largely dodges acknowledging German responsibility for the Holocaust and war crimes. It's not so much revising history as it is sidestepping a critical portion of it. So overall good series but not a good depiction of history.

7/10

"I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You Tonight."
Last edited by ShockUnitBlack; 2017-06-14 at 11:12..
Old 2017-06-14, 09:57   #5449
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
I recently watched Labyrinth of Lies and although i've not watched Generation War it kinda tackles what you're talking about. Post war Germans not wanting to know about the crimes committed during the war etc etc. Anyway i enjoyed the film a lot. 8/10

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 13:40   #5450
Takke1

The last movie I watched was Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge. Really awesome movie!
Takke1 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, 7th panzer division, fast, get out of here 9gag, kill everyone, le 9gag army, movie, recommend, watched