project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
19 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2012-07-13, 19:03   #2421
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Forgotten Hope 2 (BF2 Mod)

So gonna join

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 01:56   #2422
Arnoldio
Banned

Came back after two rounds. Yes, sector push is a big improvement on all maps. (Have yet to try objective mode)

No stamina is good, however you can bunnyhop all you want without losing speed. :P
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 06:24   #2423
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I didn't mind the no stamina at all, except for the weird bunnyhopping I've seen everywhere. But it was release-day, people do crazy thing all the time. Same can be seen in PR .

Played Vith (right?) and a new NA map yesterday. Vith's minimap combined with flagnames is terrible though, it's so white, can hardly read flagnames, see neutral flags and the arrows/circles Python draws on the map are very hard to see.

Minimap: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/s...th/minimap.jpg. Except, ingame it's white text.

The NA map I enjoyed a LOT. It's great to see nice green bushes and such (for me anyways, as I normally don't really like desert maps). But it was fun. Will play some more the coming days .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 10:52   #2424
Arnoldio
Banned

Also, great on support for HUD aspect ratios but Immersive hud? I turned it on just to find out you just screw yourself over with that. Its only a handicap if it isnt mandatory.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 11:48   #2425
[R-DEV]​BloodyDeed
Supporting Member

The new HUD is awesome, looks too good to turn it off
Played a few rounds yesterday and it's great as always.
Even though I absolutely hate that stamina change. The amount of people bunnyhopping all over the maps is just ridiculous.
Not only are they harder to shoot it just looks stupid and destroys the immersion.

To bad I still havn't found a server on which players use VOIP.
Played with OD-S yesterday and as soon as there is some teamplay it feels like a completely different game.

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 11:54   #2426
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

Bunny hopping doesn't even work, you can't shoot like 3 seconds after landing. You probably just saw someone jumping over an obstacle and flipped out. Bunny hopping was totally possible even before the stamina change, but now idiots think it works suddenly and they do it. Once they notice there is no benefit in it, they will probably stop though

Ts4EVER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 12:19   #2427
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Can't say I've tried the changes yet but the purposes of bunny hopping isn't to return fire, its to avoid fire. As such the handicap of not being able to fire 3secs after jumping isn't that bad if you managed to avoid fire, in an unrealistic manner where otherwise you would have been killed.

In PR with our stamina, you can do like one or two high jumps in a row, then your stranded without being able to jump at all, or run.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 12:44   #2428
[R-DEV]​BloodyDeed
Supporting Member

Exactly Rhino. The way I saw people using this is to cross a road or valley avoiding to be shot.
As the jumping is less predictable than walking and you are not loosing speed it seems efficient.

Can't say if thats something people will stop cause these 3 secs don't seem that hard on some occasions.

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 12:56   #2429
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed View Post
Played with OD-S yesterday and as soon as there is some teamplay it feels like a completely different game.
Was good shit on the Germany vs Canada map. Too bad more people dont understand thatvteamwork goes a long way in this game. We managed to push really well with arty support from Maxboz. Was also fun to kill Tim and H1tman.

L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 13:48   #2430
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
Bunny hopping doesn't even work, you can't shoot like 3 seconds after landing. You probably just saw someone jumping over an obstacle and flipped out. Bunny hopping was totally possible even before the stamina change, but now idiots think it works suddenly and they do it. Once they notice there is no benefit in it, they will probably stop though
Well, imagine someone crossing a field. He would be sprinting because when you cross an open ground, you dont really wait around to get shot. He wouldnt shoot back anyway, because that means stopping, accquiring the target that, mind you, is already shooting at him, and then taking a shot. However, now i can just bunny hop across a field, maybe even zigzag to the nearest cover, easily wait the wait after landing and then shooting back.

I agree the you dont need stamina for running, but jumping should be punished, otherwise quake all over again.

I play in 762 or whateve that server is and people use voip here and there... i make a teamwork squad and then kick people out if they are derp. They listen most of the time and some even reply.
Last edited by Arnoldio; 2012-07-14 at 13:54..

Tags
14th, america, battle, bf2, dec, enters, fh2, forgoten, forgotten, hope, hope2, mod, poxo is ghey, release, released, v22