project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
22 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-05-28, 20:50   #1151
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Assault on Grozny (2km) [WIP]

Yeah only problem is there are no textures for these, no russian/woodland for T-72 or T-62. One thing I want to try to follow is the "Armour vs Ghosts" feeling, so basically I will always try to make the armoured power asymmetrical by giving russia stronger and more assets, while countering with mobility(cars, vans etc), pickup kits and spawnpoints on militia side. The current T-62 and BMP-1 is there for gameplay reasons and represents the small amount of armoured vehicles the chechens had. I doubt I'll add anything stronger than a T-62 for them. Although I might make a Lrg/alt layer with heavy stuff on both sides.

Afaik the russians painted them white to help CAS tell friend from foe(which backfired)
Page 174:
https://books.google.se/books?id=PHy...=white&f=false
Last edited by [R-DEV]Ason; 2015-05-28 at 20:59..
Old 2015-05-29, 09:10   #1152
Dukuu_npanop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ason View Post
Yeah only problem is there are no textures for these, no russian/woodland for T-72 or T-62. One thing I want to try to follow is the "Armour vs Ghosts" feeling, so basically I will always try to make the armoured power asymmetrical by giving russia stronger and more assets, while countering with mobility(cars, vans etc), pickup kits and spawnpoints on militia side. The current T-62 and BMP-1 is there for gameplay reasons and represents the small amount of armoured vehicles the chechens had. I doubt I'll add anything stronger than a T-62 for them. Although I might make a Lrg/alt layer with heavy stuff on both sides.

Afaik the russians painted them white to help CAS tell friend from foe(which backfired)
Page 174:
https://books.google.se/books?id=PHy...=white&f=false
I've got T72 woodland with Ichkerian Coat of Arms, PR compatible Can share with you if you like
Old 2015-05-29, 14:40   #1153
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Thanks Dukuu I might want to use them for Lrg layer if I'll make one, I'll let you know. I'm mostly interested in woodland without the coat of arms or with russian flags/symbols.
Old 2015-05-29, 15:50   #1154
mehason

Will you remove thermal from tanks?
Old 2015-05-29, 16:58   #1155
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Unfortunately that's not possible. For this weekend I will keep the T-90 and simply give the T-62 20min respawn, for some reason I set it to no-respawn until now:/

But on saturday we will probably test the insurgency layer and that means the strongest vehicle the russians will get is IFV BMP-2.
Old 2015-05-29, 18:03   #1156
mehason

Can you make airstrip for Russians over the map like in Falklands?
Old 2015-06-06, 16:27   #1157
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

EDIT: Event postponed until tomorrow

There will be a Grozny event this weekend starting today at 16:00 PRT(same time tomorrow), everyone is welcome.

Server: PRTA-RU #2: Grozny event - prteamwork.ru
Time: 16:00 PRT today and tomorrow
Server Password:9856

Download(new version, mappack version will not work):
https://mega.co.nz/#!JQdUFA7b!cFPft5...9AyLyeLKts3trg

https://yadi.sk/d/fMfQh-fah4TTg

How to:
1.Extract the file using for example Winrar.

2.Put the 'assault on grozny' folder in Project Reality BF2/mods/pr/levels

3.Put the 'assault_on_grozny.utxt' file in Project Reality BF2/mods/pr/localization/english(or whatever language you use)

4.Play!
Last edited by [R-DEV]Ason; 2015-06-06 at 18:13..
Old 2015-06-07, 17:36   #1158
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Event is up and running.
Old 2015-06-08, 09:49   #1159
mehason

The map is so cool now. No lags at all. It remains only to make a new Russian faction without optics and it will be perfect.
Old 2015-06-11, 13:12   #1160
Usr117

If BMP 3 question still actual, I have some info from reliable sources about this vehicle during the winter 94-95 assault on city. A company of this vehicles (about 30 units) was destroyed in first days of January in a single accident (big fire cause mortar shell of something). A few vehicles was in service from the beginning of assault, till they was badly dammaged/destroyed.

A few shots at the end.

Last edited by Usr117; 2015-06-11 at 13:23..
Closed Thread

Tags
2km, assault, grozny, map, released, wip