project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
18 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2019-01-25, 07:21   #1
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester

Default Ambient Sounds suddenly disappears in the con file when saving or reloading the map

As the title is saying , it suddenly disappears in the con file whenever i save my work and/or reloading the map in the editor to check the sound i use. It happens all the time and it is a pain in the ass.

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-25, 18:26   #2
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Ambient Sounds suddenly disappears in the con file when saving or reloading the m

Did you originally create these sounds through the editor or manually code them in? If you manually coded them in, they have probably been coded in incorrectly and/or in a way the editor doesn't recognise. Try seeing how other maps have their sounds coded and match them, check multiple maps incase some are not done correctly.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-26, 02:53   #3
ALADE3N

Default Re: Ambient Sounds suddenly disappears in the con file when saving or reloading the m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Did you originally create these sounds through the editor or manually code them in? If you manually coded them in, they have probably been coded in incorrectly and/or in a way the editor doesn't recognise. Try seeing how other maps have their sounds coded and match them, check multiple maps incase some are not done correctly.
through the editor , it is weird that when you finished saving them and reload the map in the editor... the editor clears the ambientobjects.con file whenever you will make additional ambient sounds

Old 2019-01-26, 04:27   #4
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Well all I can suggest without more info is just to backup your ambientobjects.con before opening the editor then merge what you've done with your backup after finishing with that session.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-10, 15:41   #5
dunem666

Send a message via MSN to dunem666

I suffer the same problem. I get them correct and then save and backup the con and then manually edit them after.

dunem

dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-10, 16:39   #6
ALADE3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunem666 View Post
I suffer the same problem. I get them correct and then save and backup the con and then manually edit them after.
I think it messes up when you add a bad sound file or something like copying an ambient sound to fasten your work

Tags
ambient, con, disappears, file, map, reloading, saving, sounds, suddenly