project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
12 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2019-02-04, 12:11   #1
newguy31
Default Can't create account

I have downloaded pr using the assistant with no problems. When i launch pr it bring up create account or use existing account. As soon as I type 1 letter in any field, pr closes by itself. Can anybody help?

Thanks
newguy31 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-04, 12:41   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Can't create account

That's pretty annoying What operating system are you on? Can you go to Support--> copy to clipboard and paste it here?

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-04, 13:50   #3
newguy31

Hey thanks for quick reply. I am using windows 10. I am not sure what you want me to do regarding support/clipboard.
Old 2019-02-04, 14:05   #4
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

if you open the PR launcher and open the SUPPORT menu. The first thing you see is an entire list of specifications of your PC. There is also a button there to copy all that text to your clipboard. Then come here to the forum and make a new post where you paste all that text from your clipboard so we can take a look.

Old 2019-02-04, 14:14   #5
newguy31

There is only 2 options for me to click. Create account and use exisiting account. No support menu.
Old 2019-02-04, 14:55   #6
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

Oh right. Sorry I apologize.

Have you tried reinstalling PR? Given you are windows 10 you should all required files ready. Try to run the launcher as administrator, make sure no anti-virus or firewall is blocking the launcher in any way. But yeah otherwise I'd try a reinstallation;

Old 2019-02-04, 14:55   #7
newguy31

Just to clarify, the game does not actually launch. When I click the launcher a small window opens with the the 2 previously stated options.
Old 2019-02-04, 14:58   #8
newguy31

I have reinstalled twice. Currently trying a third time. Launched as admin and nothing. No firewall or antivirus issues however I will double check that when i try my third install.
Old 2019-02-04, 16:38   #9
newguy31

Third try at a fresh install gives me same result. no firewall is blocking it. Launched as admin. Same problem. Doesn't matter if i click on online account, offline account or even retrieve existing account. As soon as I type any letter/number the launcher closes with no error code whatsoever.
Old 2019-02-04, 17:56   #10
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Please try creating an offline account and also check the Launcher log file at ...\Project Reality\mods\pr\bin\PRLauncher.log

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
account, create