project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
12 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-03-19, 10:37   #21
Psyko

Default Re: are the devs gonna do PR mod for SQUAD? PR:squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
considering PR has a shitload of maps
55 I believe.

But it shouldn't be a dick measuring competition.

Id just love squad a LOT more if a couple of little things were adjusted.

In this video i spawn into a fob meat grinder. its intense, but its exactly what project reality figured was stupid and wrong until the "overrun" code was implimented into fobs in PR. So why the fuck is it still in squad? (and saying its because they want a broader playerbase is code for we want more money and are willing to leave shitty gameplay dynamics in, so 13 year old kids to get their hyperactivity fix, alienating mature gamers)

Last edited by Psyko; 2018-03-20 at 18:39..
Old 2018-03-20, 19:43   #22
Incognito84

I agree Psyko, that sort of gameplay doesn't belong in Squad at all. The problem is that a vocal minority, some of whom are employed by OWI, think the current pacing is fine and in some ways want to make it even faster.

It depends on whether OWI listens to them or they listened to what I believe is a silent majority that wants to do away with the meatgrinders and make the game a bit slower and more tactical like PR. I'm somewhat optimistic as the devs want to change it too, but I'm afraid the backlash will be so great that we're left with a compromise that still leans a bit too far to the run'n'gun side of the spectrum.

Fingers crossed, basically.
Last edited by Incognito84; 2018-03-20 at 22:11..
Old 2018-03-21, 03:55   #23
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito84 View Post
I agree Psyko, that sort of gameplay doesn't belong in Squad at all. The problem is that a vocal minority, some of whom are employed by OWI, think the current pacing is fine and in some ways want to make it even faster.

It depends on whether OWI listens to them or they listened to what I believe is a silent majority that wants to do away with the meatgrinders and make the game a bit slower and more tactical like PR. I'm somewhat optimistic as the devs want to change it too, but I'm afraid the backlash will be so great that we're left with a compromise that still leans a bit too far to the run'n'gun side of the spectrum.

Fingers crossed, basically.
I remember talking to Kashan, before squad was a thing, he was in favor of squad being a thing, and i dont know him, but he was very optomistic. But I dont recall outworlds being a thing in the pr community...was outworlds(out worlds industries) a pr community member before squad? Where did this guy come from in the first place?
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 06:15   #24
Murphy

Offworld Industries

Is that what you were curious about? I'm a bit confused.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 09:26   #25
agus92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Offworld Industries

Is that what you were curious about? I'm a bit confused.
He means that OWI shoould not be adressed as a person. Kinda lame remark, tho.
agus92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 15:28   #26
DogACTUAL

The more they cater to the so called 'competitive community', the deeper they dig themselves into a hole. Don't expect them to significantly alter the meta towards slower pace.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 20:48   #27
Murphy

Frankly speaking I think competitive FPS teams having upwards of 50 people is too difficult to maintain. 5 seems to be the magic number in FPS games, having 10x the people to manage and pay is absurd. I don't think default Squad could ever be an E-Sports attraction despite how awesome it would be, there would need to be a game mode introduced specifically for E-Sports competitions.

Just take Squad for what it is not what you imagined it to be or what it could've been if X, Y, and Z had happened. I'm still having fun with the game idk about anyone else.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-12, 05:10   #28
[R-CON]​Zeno
PR:BF2 Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

ITT: People making a shitload of assumptions without having actually played the game in ages.

- pace of the game used to be very high, this changed dramaticly with the v9 and v10 patch, infantry is now much slower, and positioning is much more important than twitch skills, especially with the new animations

- for the guys here that are not up to speed, lead dev Merlin posted a long statment regarding current balance regarding milsim/competitive, and goes a long way to assure that the "PR formula" will still be followed

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/c...reddit-android

- Guns have real world ballistics, and weapon sway has totaly changed with the latest v10+ patches, and are set to be further tweaked, so the "lazer gun" argument is laughable.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 13:58   #29
inb4banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Zeno View Post
ITT: People making a shitload of assumptions without having actually played the game in ages.

- pace of the game used to be very high, this changed dramaticly with the v9 and v10 patch, infantry is now much slower, and positioning is much more important than twitch skills, especially with the new animations

- for the guys here that are not up to speed, lead dev Merlin posted a long statment regarding current balance regarding milsim/competitive, and goes a long way to assure that the "PR formula" will still be followed

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/c...reddit-android

- Guns have real world ballistics, and weapon sway has totaly changed with the latest v10+ patches, and are set to be further tweaked, so the "lazer gun" argument is laughable.
Meh, Squad still has the weirdest pacing - movement speed is extremely slow, stamina is very limited but also 1-2 bullets kill anyone so most firefights still end after a couple of shots. Those that don't are just awkward because of the weirdest sway and recoil of any game ever.

IMO the shooting mechanics of V10 are a big improvement but they still feel very off because of the overall pacing and TTK. Why not be innovative with shooting mechanics - add front post misalignment (acts as deviation in PR), tone down sway and have similar tendency as Insurgency, add weapon momentum and have it affect recoil tendency.

In the end the game is unplayable anyway because of the horrible blur/ pixilation bs
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 18:06   #30
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Hey guys... Ya Squad gameplay is pretty rough atm.... PR much more pleasant to play.

However I've been hired on at OWI to make the game more fun and that means that definitely OWI definitely committed to making Squad feel more like PR in all the right areas (while leaving the clunky BF2 hacks alone).

Got along way to go, but there's no way OWI are catering strickly towards competitive players. They will be accommodated and have a place within the community, but definitely is not the main player type squad gameplay is aimed at.

Anyways don't expect to see Squad playing as polished as PR any time soon as there is still tons of systems to get in. But I do recommend to check out the game in 6-8 months, as you may be pleasantly surprised. It will be moving towards PR gameplay each and every day for as long a i'm on the team!!
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
devs, gonna, mod, prsquad, squad