project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
06 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-08-28, 16:31   #1
Cassius
Supporting Member

Default If you need cas from jets please place markers.

Because sometimes the squadleader (ok most of the times) is also flying. Yesterday I had to pilot the F-15 as SL because nobody in my squad wanted to (you just gotta believe me on this, gawd why wont nobody believe me???) .

If things go fine the enemy cas goes down synchronized and the skies are clear, but at times especially on maps with lots of jets there is always something in the air.

So I had tone because I was locked I had tone because I got a lock with the heatseeker, my gunner is spotting a plane some other pilot is saying stuff and in between of all that you try to pass a grid for cas over mumble. In all of that something goes under, eiter its the CAS request and I wont get back to you simply because it didnt register, or worse its a lock on warning tone.

If you place a marker with the binocs the jets that are not busy and armed see the marker and can go for it straight away without my input. At most you have to use mumble to tell the SL if the target is lased or not. If they are really nubs I can open the map and put down an waypoint without looking for the griad.

Also there is the chance the SL is a dick and wont pass on a grid referenced to him over mumble because he wants to go for it himself although there is a jet in a better position to engage it. With the binocular placed marer you avoid that too.

If for some reason you dont have your officer/spotter kit use mumble oc.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 07:42   #2
matty1053

When I have the chance to do cas I try to be a squad leader and mainly spot for targets for the cas. Either since the team doesn't know how to lase... or they think that a supply crate is more valuable of a target than a anti air vehicle.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 08:19   #3
Spectrium

Default Re: If you need cas from jets please place markers.

For that they should know how to exact marking with BINOCS. I think someone who knows how to spot should make a small guide for the new ones.

Spectrium is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 11:32   #4
LiamNL
Supporting Member

If only there were designated recon vehicles with laze options that people who are in CAS squad but not in jets could use... (talking bout that Fennek)
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 14:57   #5
Hurricane
Supporting Member

Yeah, also where is the german Fennek? :P

Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-30, 15:17   #6
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrium View Post
For that they should know how to exact marking with BINOCS. I think someone who knows how to spot should make a small guide for the new ones.
You just need the grid you dont need to get it down to the keypad. The gtltd gives you the distance while sighted in with the binocs set distance (q) then hit q while sighted in and select the appropriate mission, or any they place all the same marker with a different message.

then left click to laze.

Also here are the misfits live because why the hell not.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Last edited by Cassius; 2015-08-30 at 15:26..

Tags
cas, jets, markers, place