project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
13 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-04-05, 16:15   #1
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Default Update?

Not to sound impatient we all know that there are still things that are being worked on. But it has been about a year since the last update/patch whilst there are still quite some gameplay bugs and imbalances (Sbeneh vehicles). And there are already fixes for some of these issues made as seen in several dev blogs.

I know I will get responses like "when it is ready" or that I should just be patient but I am just looking forward to the next update to inject interest in to PR again.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 16:24   #2
Navo
Default Re: Update?

I wonder why the fabulous launcher isn't used to release small fixes. The broken manpads should have been fixed a long time ago.

DEVs are CAS whores???
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 16:29   #3
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

I think you didn't look at the April Fools threads close enough...

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 16:36   #4
LiamNL
Supporting Member

I assumed as they are, aprils fools jokes.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 17:22   #5
Jacksonez__

A dev (can't remember which one) said that if you look closely to the April fools threads.. you'll.. find.. stuff...
hints maybe.
Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 17:24   #6
Tankbuster28000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo View Post
I wonder why the fabulous launcher isn't used to release small fixes. The broken manpads should have been fixed a long time ago.

DEVs are CAS whores???
They dont have acces to it anymore. The guy who runs that has been gone for quite a while I heard

Click my signature!
Tankbuster28000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 17:30   #7
Rabbit

Oooooor, we still have access and a big patch is in the works? I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
Not to sound impatient we all know that there are still things that are being worked on. But it has been about a year since the last update/patch whilst there are still quite some gameplay bugs and imbalances (Sbeneh vehicles). And there are already fixes for some of these issues made as seen in several dev blogs.

I know I will get responses like "when it is ready" or that I should just be patient but I am just looking forward to the next update to inject interest in to PR again.
Thing is Sbeneh can't be done in a small patch, to many changes have been done that effect quite a few different areas of the mod. We are rushing to push out a patch but at the same time working to close a lot of issues in PR, I think mineral himself has closed a few hundred. Please just give us time guys, we want to patch the same amount you do.

I suggest you guys make more use of the "Ask the DEV's" thread.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 17:45   #8
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

If we update one line of code and want to do a 'hotfix', it could take hours to get that patch done. With not many people capable of doing so it's kinda of hard to fit that into a 'release schedule'.

And once you don't do one hotfix, then they start piling up. Taking hours or days to get a proper (bugfree) patch ready. Together with new content that requires testing,changes,etc... Not easy to fit that into a schedule with volunteers who can go away for long period of times. Count that now we indeed have almost a year of fixes, content and new features it also requires tons of time finetuning, fixing and testing all those changes.

Going from the original developer (the coder, mapper, 3D artist) to the next guy to the tester to the patch builder takes a long time when nobody is there 8h a day on a payrole

@Tankbuster: not correct.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 17:53   #9
Tankbuster28000

I'm sorry, I asked a Dev about this quite some time ago and thought that he said it was because of that.

During the early-days of the launcher, you guys released quite some hotfixes, what made you refrain from doing that if I may ask? Was there more activity during those days or did some of those hotfixes have unintended consequences?

Click my signature!
Tankbuster28000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 18:03   #10
[R-DEV]​Airsoft
PR:BF2 Developer

While we will also release new content, we are also working hard on fixing existing broken things ingame and verifying the fix, which takes some time to do. Like AK-74

http://i.imgur.com/AhgXyX1.jpg

YOU HAD ONE JOB!

Last edited by [R-DEV]Airsoft; 2015-04-05 at 18:11..

Tags
update