project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
13 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-04-18, 18:24   #31
Psyko

Default Re: are the devs gonna do PR mod for SQUAD? PR:squad

Hi Fuzzhead long time no see.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 06:54   #32
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Hey fuzzhead, good to see you!
Interesting, curious to see what you can come up with .

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 12:31   #33
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

That's cool Fuzz. BTW what have you been up to these last few years?

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 15:39   #34
Stulander
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Play Squad for what it is, don't play it because you want PR with newer assets and gun models.
That's exactly why I pledged $130. It was being sold as the successor to PR. (Or "spiritual" successor if you want to be pedantic) it's more like the successor to Insurgency.

I would like one kit-swap please, and lots of deviation and sitting in foxholes being bored. Because that's what I like.

And fastropes.

pls deliver, fuzzhead. pls.

Project Awesome server admin.

http://reddit.com/r/projectmilsim
Stulander is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 08:21   #35
sirfstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stulander View Post
pls deliver, fuzzhead. pls.
not gonna happen since he's making unlimited rallies with spawn waves

we've got to take it into our own hands!
sirfstar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 15:00   #36
DogACTUAL

What is most likely, one single DEV converting a whole team to his ways, or the whole DEV team forcing that one single guy to assimilate?

Sorry fuzzhead but from my pleb perspective it doesn't look like you will be successful.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 01:50   #37
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Sorry fuzzhead but from my pleb perspective it doesn't look like you will be successful.
Fuzzheads already taken feedback from PR vets and changed fundamental things to solve what seems like obvious issues. e.g. the medic system & FOB overrunning

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 04:17   #38
sirfstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Fuzzheads already taken feedback from PR vets and changed fundamental things to solve what seems like obvious issues. e.g. the medic system & FOB overrunning
one step forward two steps backwards, is not really going anywhere
sirfstar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 17:43   #39
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzhead View Post
Hey guys... Ya Squad gameplay is pretty rough atm.... PR much more pleasant to play.

However I've been hired on at OWI to make the game more fun and that means that definitely OWI definitely committed to making Squad feel more like PR in all the right areas (while leaving the clunky BF2 hacks alone).
I wouldn't say BF2 is all that clunky. For the most part the movement is a whole heck of a lot more smooth than Squad, which reminds me mostly of Arma player movement. Even removing the ability to lean doesn't bother me so much because my ability to move the character is more precise.

I think the key thing that Squad is missing that PR has is that PR is fundamentally still based on the mechanics of a Battlefield game, which sure has its disadvantages, but it is also pretty streamlined and efficient to just hop into and play.

In a weird way part of the reason that I think PR has been so successful for so long is that a casual FPS player can just hop in and play the game with more veteran players being the squad leads that create a teamwork environment, something missing from Squad because the infantry combat is clunky like Arma and something of a detractor from a lot of FPS players.

tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-10, 19:13   #40
PatrickLA_CA

I'm pretty sure what fuzzhead meant by clunky is that in order to get anything done on the DEV side of PR you have to resort to unorthodox methods while as in Squad you're working on a contemporary engine with plenty of resources to learn from.

I wouldn't agree that PR is more noob friendly than squad. The key thing that PR has and Squad doesn't is 12 years of work into it on an already finished engine.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
devs, gonna, mod, prsquad, squad