project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-12-06, 21:31   #211
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Battlefield V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComedyInK View Post
Games aren't a substitute for history class - games are art; to be changed based on the author's wished.
You're forgetting that games are also a product, asking to be sold by the one making it out of self-interest and bought by people referred to as "customers". A wise man once said: "The customer is king." Seems to me as if you and EA are learning this phrase once anew.

Don't get me wrong, I find the outrage over women on the frontlines more than embarassing, and even more so people calling it SJW-Field or Genderfield or PoliticallyCorrectfield. But even if the outrage is more than hilarious to an adult, what, as a vendor, you absolutely should not do is to belittle your customers, to call them uneducated(no matter how true that might be) and to basically tell them to get lost because you sure as hell aren't going to budge an inch. The guys over at Treyarch probably still laugh about EA/DICE's way of dealing with the backlash.

Quote:
To be Ok with all of that and then make a giant mess when your line on the spectrum gets crossed is hilarious.
Rhino has been more than respectful in his posts with regards to how he views his game experience. Do not confuse what Rhino, me and others say about this game as what "everybody" else is - supposedly - saying about the game. When the game doesn't tickle his fancy for reasons a,b,c, that's fine, if you like it because reasons a,b,c, that's fine too. There is no right or wrong to be argued about, it's all preference.
Nobody is forcing Rhino to play(except for peer-pressure, maybe :P) and nobody is stopping you from enjoying your time with it.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-07, 02:38   #212
Psyko

Quote:
Games aren't a substitute for history class - games are art;.
Games are a little bit arty. It's not raw art. It's commercial art, for commercial use. It has many hands at work, and its not the work of a single individual. So its more like a political message, rather than an individual's message.

And if you ask me, when politics and business use art, it ends up being propaganda and advertising.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-07, 05:02   #213
ComedyInK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
You're forgetting that games are also a product, asking to be sold by the one making it out of self-interest[/B] and bought by people referred to as "customers". A wise man once said: "The customer is king." Seems to me as if you and EA are learning this phrase once anew.

you absolutely should not do is to belittle your customers, to call them uneducated(no matter how true that might be) and to basically tell them to get lost because you sure as hell aren't going to budge an inch.
Remember when PR devs added in the deviation indicator? Remember the vehicle turret changes? I'll post this next time I come a across a post of the PR devs saying "We make this game how we want to play it; don't like it don't play it".

For the record, I think it's fine to tell customers to fuck off if they don't like the product, especially when their opinions are coming out of pure manufactured outrage and conspiracies like "post-marxism" as we've seen a few posters do in this thread. Also see: recent Total War 2 drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
Games are a little bit arty. It's not raw art. It's commercial art, for commercial use. It has many hands at work, and its not the work of a single individual. So its more like a political message, rather than an individual's message.

And if you ask me, when politics and business use art, it ends up being propaganda and advertising.
All media has the ability to critique. All media (and speech) has the ability to have a political message. If you remove all the superficial items in this game that rustles your jimmies you'd be left with a political commentary of 'nazi's bad, war fucked up'.

This has got to be the dumbest fucking take I've seen so far this month. Stop getting your views from brain dead anti-sjw turned politicians.
ComedyInK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-07, 06:16   #214
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Remember when PR devs added in the deviation indicator? Remember the vehicle turret changes? I'll post this next time I come a across a post of the PR devs saying "We make this game how we want to play it; don't like it don't play it".
I was not aware PR was putting food on the table for the ones developing it. You missed - intentionally I'm fairly certain - the core difference between PR and a commercial product.

BFV could be the most bestest game to have ever blessed us uneducated from an artistic standpoint, but if it doesn't make a certain amount of money, it will still be considered a failure. There's currently no actual numbers to be had, but from what could be gathered online, the amount of sales dropped by some 50% compared to BF1. That's quite a margin, no matter how you slice it.

Quote:
For the record, I think it's fine to tell customers to fuck off if they don't like the product, especially when their opinions are coming out of pure manufactured outrage and conspiracies like "post-marxism" as we've seen a few posters do in this thread.
And I find their opinions equally stupid and neglectable. But that doesn't mean that all of us who would like to see BFV to be closer to the actual conflict are like that. This isn't some comical black-and-white scenario, Comedy, where you only have a good side and a bad side and the choice is obvious, there's a lot of nuance between someone yelling "SJW trash!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE #notmyBattlefield" and Rhino's "it is about a game based on historical events, not matching them.", fabricated nonsense vs. actually valid points of criticisms.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-07, 08:29   #215
inb4banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
Rhino has been more than respectful in his posts with regards to how he views his game experience. Do not confuse what Rhino, me and others say about this game as what "everybody" else is - supposedly - saying about the game. When the game doesn't tickle his fancy for reasons a,b,c, that's fine, if you like it because reasons a,b,c, that's fine too. There is no right or wrong to be argued about, it's all preference.
Nobody is forcing Rhino to play(except for peer-pressure, maybe :P) and nobody is stopping you from enjoying your time with it.
Only dumb things he said were about games impacting knowledge of history, my post was aimed at the idiots like crot, psyko and ason.

BF1 capitalized on CoD's struggles and sold by far the most, 50% of the sales given how they handled the situation since the reveal trailer and the state of the game would be pretty good. BF1 was a terrible game.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-07, 13:04   #216
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Everybody, a reminder to be respectful with each other including opinions otherwise infractions will be handed out wrapped in presents instead of gifts.

For the people here keeping it respectful, thank you and continue what you're doing

For the others that are not or may not, be careful and think before you post.

tl;dr No Insulting members or flaming. Keep it civil.

Last edited by Arab; 2018-12-07 at 13:12..
Old 2018-12-07, 14:46   #217
Psyko

Quote:

All media has the ability to critique. All media (and speech) has the ability to have a political message. If you remove all the superficial items in this game that rustles your jimmies you'd be left with a political commentary of 'nazi's bad, war fucked up'.

This has got to be the dumbest fucking take I've seen so far this month. Stop getting your views from brain dead anti-sjw turned politicians.
well i have a degree from an art college, and i heard actual game devs say games arent art...but what do I know. And i didnt say anything about SJWs.
Old 2018-12-07, 16:53   #218
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Games are not art in themselves, but they do have art in them.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-07, 22:15   #219
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by inb4banned View Post
Only dumb things he said were about games impacting knowledge of history, my post was aimed at the idiots like crot, psyko and ason.
I'm not an idiot. I'm offended by that, you hurt my feelings. Words hurt you know!

Kids playing bfv could easily be convinced that ww2 was this farce, and because its such a big IP, it poses a threat to historical integrity.
Old 2018-12-08, 01:01   #220
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

not very bright kids.
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield, bf5, link, reveal