project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
15 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should squad named assets have advantage over others?
Yes 288 59.14%
No 143 29.36%
Not sure 56 11.50%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-24, 10:03   #1
Fearosius

Send a message via MSN to Fearosius
Exclamation Should squad named assets have privilege over others?

For example, If I make a squad titled "AIR CAS" (which I suck with BTW, I never fly jets) and I have another person in my squad waiting for the fighter/bomber and me waiting for the other and three other people are waiting for the jet as well but with no asset tag, should I have a privilege over them to have the jet? Post your opinions.
Old 2008-03-24, 10:18   #2
PRC_Heavy_Z
Retired PR Developer

It'd depends, if the squad was created in the beginning of the round then yes. However, if there already were people waiting for the asset and someone came along and made a squad named after the asset then no.
Old 2008-03-24, 11:31   #3
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Depends on how good the squad really is. The name doesnt mean the people in the squad know what they're doing.

How would you enforce that anyway?

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2008-03-24, 11:38   #4
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I find it disturbing people in such a squad sometimes even TK, because others take those assets!

The rest, I agree with Spec_Operator.

Grmbl, and another poll just was not necessary, if you ask me........
Old 2008-03-24, 11:50   #5
CmdSgtRas

I voted no. Naming a squad 'Armor' "don't necessarily make it f**king so" (to quote Nice Guy Eddie in Reservoir Dogs.

We had this on Al Basrah the other night. Some guy named a squad 'Armor' and then thought that made it his divine right to get all the tanks and kept whining about it in text chat. I was on foot anyway so it wasn't anything to do with me, but his incessant whining irked me.

Re "unnecessary polls" - what makes a poll "necessary"? It doesn't cost anything to start a new thread or poll. The more the merrier, IMO, and will ensure the community stays active and interested which should help all of us.

Old 2008-03-24, 11:55   #6
[DVB] Avalon.ca

my thoughts.... unless your in an organized scrim or a match of some sort sure, this sort of thing reminds me of "called it first" in an elementry school game. or two little kids fighting over the front seat.

take your turn. most adults will. and those that are not adults, can at least pretend to be adults and take thier turn.

Old 2008-03-24, 12:04   #7
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRC_Heavy_Z View Post
It'd depends, if the squad was created in the beginning of the round then yes. However, if there already were people waiting for the asset and someone came along and made a squad named after the asset then no.
I agree with that, having dedicated squads for each asset before the round starts is very usefull.

Old 2008-03-24, 13:13   #8
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdSgtRas View Post
I voted no. Naming a squad 'Armor' "don't necessarily make it f**king so" (to quote Nice Guy Eddie in Reservoir Dogs.
And it's this sort of mentality that creates chaos.

I voted yes. If a member wants to make an organized, dedicated unit, it should remain that way. Just like with VOIP INF squads -- should stay as it's named. Irks me when guys join my VOIP INF squad thinking that means it's OK to one-man tank.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 2008-03-24, 13:29   #9
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

While I don't think there is a way to enforce this with built in rules, I think we should all give such squads the assets and respect they deserve. If CAS crashes the A-10 twice into the rear of the base then it is time they be replaced. And if such a squad was created after you became the A-10 pilot - screw them.
Old 2008-03-24, 13:43   #10
marcoelnk
Retired PR Developer

i think they should have the first right to use these assets but only if they have been waiting for it for a long time and dont lock the squad (!!!!).

Tags
assets, named, privilege, squad