project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
18 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old Yesterday, 01:33   #11
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Default Re: 240hz, why o why

This a good link instead of GIF example
https://testufo.com/

Also an interesting, related thread:
https://hardforum.com/threads/120hz-...mance.1568952/

PC FPS SINCE 1998 - PR Til I Die
Cheap / fast track upgrade for slow PR computer > Guide
Last edited by WeeGeez; Yesterday at 01:49..
Old Yesterday, 01:41   #12
PBAsydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGeez View Post
Have either of you ever compared each rate, side by side? I gues not because thats two individual systems and nobody has the time for that, but in the shop sometimes there is a demonstration.
Yes, I have a 60Hz monitor as a secondary monitor and the difference is night and day, even when just working on the desktop everything is twice as smooth on the high refresh rate monitor.

Quote:
Improvement could be due to:
-The monitor you have is free-sync and/or
-You concurrently upgraded to a more powerful GPU at the same time which can now push 144.
-Possibly Placebo,
All G-Sync does is adjust your refresh rate to match framerate to prevent tearing. As long as you keep pushing 144 fps it's a complete non factor, no difference if turned off.
Obviously you need a GPU that can push enough frames to fully utilize the monitor.
No placebo. Ask literally anyone who has bought a 144 Hz monitor (and hasn't forgotten to actually set it to 144Hz)

Quote:
Evidently I am not a staunch believer in anyhting beyond 60fps. Real world experiments I should do... I just think freesync is awesome, 144/240 moot in comparison.

What monitors you guys got exactly, model wise?
ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q

Quote:
This a good link instead of GIF example
https://testufo.com/
Yes, this is an excellent site. Now imagine the the motion blur being reduced even more, and then you can hopefully realize the awesomeness of high refresh rate.

Windows servers have better hitreg than Linux servers
PBAsydney is online now Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:17   #13
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Have either of you ever compared each rate, side by side? I gues not because thats two individual systems and nobody has the time for that, but in the shop sometimes there is a demonstration.
Yes. I have one 1440p 144hz monitor as my main and a 1080p 60hz monitor as my secondary - the difference is massive. You seem to enjoy talking about shit you don't know anything about.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:30   #14
DogACTUAL

Wow cmon no need to be so hostile. He was just trying to have a discussion about this topic.
Quote:
You seem to enjoy talking about shit you don't know anything about.
That's what web forums and social media are for. Did you ever check out this forum section for example:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21
Lots of that to be found there.

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:55   #15
PatrickLA_CA

Well, I guess I am right in time to discover this thread. I will soon be building a desktop and now you've made me think about getting a 144hz monitor. Can anyone suggest a non-overpriced good screen with a high refresh rate? 1080, I don't want 4k.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote