project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
17 Oct 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2018-02-12, 03:01   #41
lakinen
Default Re: [1.5] Game is laggy/low fps

You use 2560x1080 resolution in games, with gpu HD 5800 1GB ram? Weird. Do you have problems playing new games? Have you tried to reduce the resolution in pr to get more FPS? or try to turn off Multisampling.You put everything to the maximum graphics in the game, because you did not put it in the screen shot?

In my opinion, the only problem in this game for old computers is Reshade software that is only required in all of this (but with it the game looks much better), but it has nothing to do with the new update.
lakinen is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 04:48   #42
himond

It is the update. If someone tells you he was running the game not just fine but really smooth and then got terrible fps without changing a thing and checks with other people who experience the same thing, then its without a doubt the update.
himond is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 09:07   #43
Dorian

Same problem. But I have the feeling it got worse in the last couple of days.
Dorian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 12:17   #44
VTRaptor

Happened to me just once on Ramiel. Had like ~20 fps for the whole game.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 12:32   #45
DogACTUAL

I use a 2560x1080 monitor but play the game in regular 1920x1080 since playing it in ultra wide cuts of parts of the FOV and refits it to the monitor. I already played around with graphic settings, but they only affect FPS insignificantly for me, at best around five FPS more. I have AA turned of though for sharper contours so spotting stuff becomes easier. And i don't use reshade, i think it makes the game look strange and the game should be played with its intended look/lighting/colours.

But you still didn't answer my real question, how to i manually set the game to use the GPU or either CPU for graphics?
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 13:20   #46
PatrickLA_CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
But you still didn't answer my real question, how to i manually set the game to use the GPU or either CPU for graphics?
Go to Nvidia control panel, under the Manage 3d Settings menu, Program Settings tab. Find prbf2.exe and set it to High-performance NVIDIA processor. I also did the same for the prlauncher.exe just for good measure.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 13:29   #47
DogACTUAL

I have an AMD GPU bro. So that wouldn't work. But i would like to see what happens performance wise if i switch it from GPU to CPU and vise versa. Maybe i might get a performance increase on one of those settings. From what i can tell i think right now graphics are indeed being processed by my dedicated video card instead of the CPU.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 13:42   #48
PatrickLA_CA

Ah, didn't read that sorry. I've had a couple of friends with AMD GPUs that had problems with switching. Seems like their control panel is not very reliable.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 15:48   #49
lakinen

DogACTUAL ,first I see that you want to burn some of your story to the end I do not know why(I have the feeling that you have 2 accounts on the server).
-You did not send the entire ID card to see what kind of machine you have.
-Install monitor drivers(sometimes used)
-I changed ATI GPU and AMD processor with graphics support 2 years ago.So I forgot how it works with the ATI GPU.I use the combination of AMD and Nvidia, this is the best combination, since I use a lot of computer for the job. You could have used google it and found it,but I see by your message that you are doing it deliberately.I found this on the Internet and I hope it can help you,is not an original instruction.

https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/...dows-computer-

I hope it will help you

And to close this little discussion, this thread about 1.5 udate,not about the configurations, the setting of the computer.(so I do not want to take more time and space for people who need help on this forum)
lakinen is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 16:10   #50
DogACTUAL

WAT i genuinely have no idea what you are talking about. Like i couldn't even understand what you are actually saying. You are a strange fellow.

Thanks for the other advice though. And no i do not have two forum accounts.
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2018-02-12 at 16:29..

Tags
fps, game, laggy or low