project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
18 Jun 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 02-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #31
Rabbit2010
Default Re: [1.5] Game is laggy/low fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
Can you check which drivers you are on right now?
Im on NVIDIA driver version 388.31 the version 390.77 causes the fps drops.

Capture.JPG
Rabbit2010 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:45 AM   #32
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaynCool View Post
I can confirm the same thing is happening to me. My core i7 processor is using 2-3% for the pr process, and I get constant 15 frames. Literally unplayable.

Edit: How silly of me, I realised my PC was using the integrated graphics to play pr for some weird reason. After manually setting it to use the GPU it's much better.
How are other resources looking?
How much GPU is used?
How much I/O?
How many page faults?

Also:
Is this on every map?
Is this when playing alone in local?
Did you play using EAX before?

Would be very helpful if you could answer as many of those questions as possible, thanks.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:03 AM   #33
mebel

Devs - was there any changes that could indicate those FPS issues in 1.5 other than EAX?
If no - I'd guess that's the reason - especially with EAX intensive maps - eg. a lot of different spots with different sound setting. Maybe disable 'sound maps' in most objects, just leave those which matters: big bunkers/caves/hangars, thus there would be less sound related computing overhead. Maybe EAX code is not well optimized, and calculates sound-location thing for whole map? I did notice a crucial FPS drop even on Assault on Grozny or Karbala - before those were very smooth maps, despite the amount of buildings.

PS, Operation Thunder is so well optimized - din't see that smooth gameplay before on any map.
mebel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:50 AM   #34
PlaynCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
How are other resources looking?
How much GPU is used?
How much I/O?
How many page faults?

Also:
Is this on every map?
Is this when playing alone in local?
Did you play using EAX before?

Would be very helpful if you could answer as many of those questions as possible, thanks.
After I forced the PR process to use the graphics card, the cpu usage for the process averages around 7-8%. The GPU usage is around 20-30%. Average fps is 60 on a 100 player server. Sometimes it goes as low as 30 however. I can say that it's now playable. RAM usage around 4 gb.

Forgive my bad English...
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:39 PM   #35
lakinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit2010 View Post
Maybe the new Update Cant support latest updated Graphics Drivers... cause in my case.. i updated to 1.5.2 and played it on servers the fps is fine even on the map outpost.. but after that i updated my nvidia driver to latest version then played pr again and i noticed the fps drops.. then i unistalled the latest driver and rolled back to previous version.. that solved the fps issue..
Can you put computer id card like himond do?(Go support in the PR Launcher and copy the support info and paste it here)
lakinen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #36
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaynCool View Post
Edit: How silly of me, I realised my PC was using the integrated graphics to play pr for some weird reason. After manually setting it to use the GPU it's much better.
Please tell me how to do this. Also tell me how i can see if it uses GPU or CPU.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:01 PM   #37
lakinen

Go support in the PR Launcher.
http://prntscr.com/ida2m6
this is if Pr use only processors GPU.
All FM2 + socked processors have GPUs in themselves. People often buy it, not knowing that they lose processor power. AMD did it to cheaper cpu (with the processor you get a graphics card, 2 in 1) but it's just for office computers well . And what happens is that people have a GPU in a computer that uses a processor GPU, and dont use graphics card.

if you have this(red) fields with real information, then your com use real resources.
lakinen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #38
PatrickLA_CA

On mine it says it uses Intel HD Graphics on the support page of the PR Launcher but I've configured it in Nvidia settings to use the Nvidia card. Is it possible that it doesn't switch or is something else wrong? I haven't performance issues btw, I'm just asking if it is possible that I've been running the game on the integrated graphics this whole time.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #39
PlaynCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogACTUAL View Post
Please tell me how to do this. Also tell me how i can see if it uses GPU or CPU.
I'm using Windows 10, and in the task manager go to performance and you should see usage statistics for both of your GPU's. I noticed that the main GPU was idling when playing pr. If you have an nvidia card like I do just go to the settings, select pr.exe and change to this setting:

Forgive my bad English...
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:29 PM   #40
DogACTUAL

Thanks for the info, this is a screenshot from my support list:https://imgur.com/a/VNeD8
Here is EAX too:https://imgur.com/a/DWbRH
Can you also tell me how to manually set it to use CPU or GPU?
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fps, game, laggy or low