project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
04 Aug 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2006-09-20, 00:05   #11
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

You've got to respect their sense of style though, basically broadcasting on national TV "We have now overthrown the government and taken control of Tailand. Sorry for the inconvinience."

Play, I think that a PRMM map based on a bloodless coup would be rather dull, but thats just my opinion.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 01:22   #12
PlayPR!

Ah, Sorry I normally assume that coups are not bloodless, well... you could still make it were everyone walks around a city in Thailand for no reason! That would be fun!

PlayPR! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 01:27   #13
Griffon2-6

Wow, how spontaneous. So I guess Thailand is a military dictatorship now? Anyways, there are no new character skins in my map, as new skins would mean both sides have new skins. Not good.
Griffon2-6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 01:30   #14
trogdor1289

Send a message via MSN to trogdor1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Marley
You've got to respect their sense of style though, basically broadcasting on national TV "We have now overthrown the government and taken control of Tailand. Sorry for the inconvinience."

Play, I think that a PRMM map based on a bloodless coup would be rather dull, but thats just my opinion.
That is a good point only a few people died and then they announced they had taken over mind you they have like 25 some since 1950 so they have gotten good at it.
trogdor1289 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 01:52   #15
Lugubrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]trogdor1289
That is a good point only a few people died and then they announced they had taken over mind you they have like 25 some since 1950 so they have gotten good at it.
I had read 19 since 1932.

Livestream, I think from their national television?

http://wwitv.com/online/6784.asx

Btw, it loads very slow...
Last edited by Lugubrum; 2006-09-20 at 01:58..
Old 2006-09-20, 03:51   #16
HogansHeros

From what I heard on PBS’s the News Hour the prim minister was unpopular because he had exempted himself from paying taxes and was accused of buying votes during the last election.

“There's been tremendous concern and frustration over his concentration of power, his concentration of power with regard to enriching a small number -- at least this is the allegation -- a small number of businessmen and, indeed, cronies close to him. And this was kind of brought to a head by his sale of telecommunications assets recently to a Singapore company, a sale that is alleged to have been done without him having to pay taxes. And that was a sale of, in many people's view, national assets.”-From http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/asia/...and_09-19.html

Usualy play as KlutzPal
HogansHeros is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 04:42   #17
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

ThaiLAND, not TaiWAN.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

NikovK is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
coup, thailand