project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Jan 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2020-11-26, 10:11   #1
ILoveKebab/RSSY_RYD
Default Where is MI-24 Passanger Seats

Hello everyone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So a few hours ago i try to play with MI-24 as my first try, i figured how to use the heli after some tries, then i realized that there is no passanger seat. i just say well maybe the dev never implement it. but, when i go to a gameplay of mi-24 in1.2(if im not wrong) there is a mi-24 with passanger seats even with interior! What happened with the passanger seat?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a Great day everyone!
ILoveKebab/RSSY_RYD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-26, 10:24   #2
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Where is MI-24 Passanger Seats

The Mi-24 passengers have been removed as they are not really used by the armies currently using the helicopter.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-26, 11:48   #3
InfantryGamer42

In reality , you can either have Mi-24 armed whit weapons or have passengers.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-26, 15:15   #4
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
In reality , you can either have Mi-24 armed whit weapons or have passengers.
It was actually designed to carry troops and have weapons at the same time, like flying APC. Used a lot in Afghanistan war to deploy spetsnaz and cover them with fire support and were pretty successful at that, until terrorists started getting Stinger AAs.

However, nowadays I suppose they don't carry troops around to prolong their flight time, since less weight, means less fuel used per km. Plus, they are being used in dedicated attack heli role, not transport.

Hokunin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-26, 17:19   #5
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokunin View Post
It was actually designed to carry troops and have weapons at the same time, like flying APC. Used a lot in Afghanistan war to deploy spetsnaz and cover them with fire support and were pretty successful at that, until terrorists started getting Stinger AAs.

However, nowadays I suppose they don't carry troops around to prolong their flight time, since less weight, means less fuel used per km. Plus, they are being used in dedicated attack heli role, not transport.
So, more of a Special Forces unit than Regular Army troop carrier, eh?

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 01:45   #6
ILoveKebab/RSSY_RYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
The Mi-24 passengers have been removed as they are not really used by the armies currently using the helicopter.
Okay

Thank you for the response!
Last edited by ILoveKebab/RSSY_RYD; 2020-11-28 at 03:00..
Old 2020-11-29, 13:18   #7
lao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
This is wrong. https://www.aviaport.ru/digest/2020/08/19/650173.html
August 2020, Russian army using Mi-24 to insert troops.
lao is offline Reply With Quote