project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
14 Jul 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2015-09-04, 05:53   #31
Cossack
Supporting Member

Default Re: Mr. Robot [TV Series]

Probably one of the best TV shows of the decade?

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 09:19   #32
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Defenitely in my top 5, or top 3, maybe top 2 even, I don't know I'm confused, this series twisted my brain.
Midnight_o9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 09:47   #33
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I haven't seen 10 yet, but I don't think it's all that great good but not like awesome.

Do we all like it because we're computer nerds too?
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 15:28   #34
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Most people I know loved the show and are barely able to use a computer for something else than Facebook.

I like the show because the characters are well writen, the plot is quite good and plays with our current society fears and wishes. Even the vilain is one of those vilains you kinda love and feel pity for.

The acting is good and believable, story is easy to follow and made so you get attached to the characters.

The show's got good reviews pretty much everywhere and I highly doubt series/movies critics are all "computer nerds".
Midnight_o9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 19:28   #35
Murphy

Character development is the biggest strength this show has going for it. You start off with this semi-endearing hacker on the downswing in life and you get to watch as his sense of reality unravels.

It deals with mental illness as well as many social commentaries scattered through out each episode. It's not just about the single main character and his personal struggles but a broader statement on how fucked up the world is thanks to finance king pins and giant conglomerates just like Evil Corps.

It has that "what would you do" quality as you can easily suspend disbelief the first episode, and Rami Malek (Elliot, the main character) is a fantastic actor and plays the part to a tee. His eyes convey fear and confusion one second and suddenly he snaps back trying to regain control, it's a theme that seems to replay every few episodes when they drop another "WTF" moment into our laps.

The directing is quite solid, the actors are top notch and the story is pretty compelling. The last episode has me posing more questions than I would have liked, but the setup for season 2 is looking nice.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-05, 18:32   #36
Raphavenger

episode 10 is the shit. Dope things are happening!
Raphavenger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-07, 15:10   #37
MT

Probably one of the best Tv shows ever made, the same power as Fight Club and the perfect storytelling of a Series. And of course finally some hacker using real tools and not that 3D's video with casual numbers coming from no where ahaha
MT is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 01:39   #38
hiberNative

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT View Post
Probably one of the best Tv shows ever made, the same power as Fight Club and the perfect storytelling of a Series. And of course finally some hacker using real tools and not that 3D's video with casual numbers coming from no where ahaha
have you seen the sopranos? :3

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 09:26   #39
KingLorre

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
have you seen the sopranos? :3
have you seen the wire? :3
KingLorre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 02:00   #40
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Just finished watching the show. Good stuff.

Such bizarre cinematography, almost every scene has something where the subject is very far off to one side or in bottom corner of the frame. Example,

Makes it a little uncomfortable to view...which is what they were going for.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
robot, series