project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
15 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-11-26, 15:54   #11
Zoddom

Default Re: Random/Different Layer => Random Combat Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain888 View Post
IMO bad idea that takes all what is good in 4km maps. And combat area always feel so artificial, especially inside of map, not on edges of it.
wut? you mean burning sands, dont you? Cause my idea wouldnt be a combat area INSide of the map, cause the comabt area will form the map edges...and irl, not every battlefield is a square.
and what exactly is about "everything whats good in 4km maps" ??? tanks in A1 waiting for something that will never happen? or FOBS in B2 where you have no cover at all and the way to the falg is jsut exactly as long as form the main base? cmon, be serious.

@redamare: thats exactly what i want.

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 16:14   #12
Kain888
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post
cmon, be serious.
Why do you think I'm not serious? Why you have connected random thought of fob in b2 to my seriousness? Woah, play fair mister. O.O

4km map = large operation and maneuver opportunities, that's what are 4km maps are all about. Limiting their space is like spiting in the face. :P The issues you brought are often bad teamwork issues not map issues. And limiting 4km corners (like your B2 FOB) map by combat zone will give you just another corners or similar places, but people will have to actually watch map to not get into DoD when flanking, or attacking tanks/objectives, etc.

And by placing FOBs in different, more varying locations it gives game another objectives (like sending recon to find mortars, etc.). To make people more focused by fighting objectives you have you have other mechanics like ticket loss when losing flags, which IMO is great thing.

And by inside of map I mean inside of minimap, when you have some weird shapes of DoD or other bad things that were in vanilla (Asad Khal have some of these on that hill in eastern part of map). We had this in Battlefield 2 and I'm glad PR left more space for flanking and placing strategical points on map.
Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 17:09   #13
Zoddom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain888 View Post
Why do you think I'm not serious? Why you have connected random thought of fob in b2 to my seriousness? Woah, play fair mister. O.O

4km map = large operation and maneuver opportunities, that's what are 4km maps are all about. Limiting their space is like spiting in the face. :P The issues you brought are often bad teamwork issues not map issues. And limiting 4km corners (like your B2 FOB) map by combat zone will give you just another corners or similar places, but people will have to actually watch map to not get into DoD when flanking, or attacking tanks/objectives, etc.

And by placing FOBs in different, more varying locations it gives game another objectives (like sending recon to find mortars, etc.). To make people more focused by fighting objectives you have you have other mechanics like ticket loss when losing flags, which IMO is great thing.

And by inside of map I mean inside of minimap, when you have some weird shapes of DoD or other bad things that were in vanilla (Asad Khal have some of these on that hill in eastern part of map). We had this in Battlefield 2 and I'm glad PR left more space for flanking and placing strategical points on map.
I think you know that the limited combat area on assad khal is the best they could do.
imho having wider combat areas makes gameplay even MORE vanilla like then limited ones. I think of single squads or soldiers who are jsut going all around the map behind the enemy, when it doesnt make any sense. and the there can still be FOB hunting squads, they jsut wouldnt have to look in a incredibly large area and the main objective is capping flags anyway. its not called AAS for nothing. and for flankings you surely dont need the whole map....

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
&gt, >, area, combat, layer, random, random or different