project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-11-25, 19:51   #1
Zoddom

Default Random/Different Layer => Random Combat Area

I would like to see random/different combat areas added to the random / different map layers.
When there are all flags (nearly) in a line, then the edges of the map, where no fights should take place () could be cut out and the combat area could be concentrated around the flags. inb4 flanking maneuvers, of course let enough place to go around the flags, to flank them and to build fobs outside of the flag range... Jets can ignore this anyway, but choppers shouldnt be able to leave the combat area for a too long time (to avoid avoiding AA while go to the other side of the map). it would avoid pr0g4meR tank crews camping around somewhere totally unnecessary (thats nearly as bad as asset wasting, cause you... waste it...) or even prevent squads not following AAS camp some flag which cannot be taken / base-spawn-camp.
heres an example:

i dont know if it would have more positive then negative effects on the gameplay. discuss

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 19:59   #2
Imchicken1

Default Re: Random/Different Layer => Random Combat Area

This would really hinder things such as CAS and flanking maneuvers to the rear. I gotta say I really disagree with this. I makes it so that all the action is packed in the centre, which is not what 4km maps are about. 2km maps are what you should stick to for this kind of fighting

I won't cluck for you
Imchicken1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 20:15   #3
Zoddom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imchicken1 View Post
This would really hinder things such as CAS and flanking maneuvers to the rear. I gotta say I really disagree with this. I makes it so that all the action is packed in the centre, which is not what 4km maps are about. 2km maps are what you should stick to for this kind of fighting
well, in 2km maps the corners are also useless. Why cant we just cut off the areas which wont/shouldnt be visited anyway? what use wouldve CAS in an area whithout flags/enemies?

Old 2010-11-25, 20:58   #4
J.F.Leusch69
Retired PR Developer

the question to me is how random the combat area could be? 1-2 differned ones doesnt seem much to me, could you provide a few more examples for wanda shan
J.F.Leusch69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 21:00   #5
Imchicken1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post
well, in 2km maps the corners are also useless. Why cant we just cut off the areas which wont/shouldnt be visited anyway? what use wouldve CAS in an area whithout flags/enemies?
Speedy retreat or AA avoidance? Im also not just talkin about choppers. Its hard enough to fly jets in a 4 km map

I won't cluck for you
Imchicken1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 21:46   #6
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

this smells like hard coded to me, but idk
Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 21:49   #7
Arnoldio
Banned

Map shouldsame as now, but servers should randomize the 16, 32 and 64 layers for more variety.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 23:27   #8
Zoddom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imchicken1 View Post
Speedy retreat or AA avoidance? Im also not just talkin about choppers. Its hard enough to fly jets in a 4 km map
i said they shouldnt be able to stay out of bounds "for a too long time". taht means IF they retreat FAST, it would be no problem. I just said it because of the transport helicopters. i hate t when i see them flying all around the map border.

and for jets.... srsly. have you ever played bf2? there is no combat area for jets, and if youve played EF youd know that you can even customize the Combat area only for jets. .... somehow.

@Leusch:
I think you know what I mean, imagine some yourself, going to sleep now

Old 2010-11-25, 23:31   #9
Redamare
Supporting Member

So your saying Get rid of Unused Corners of the map to focus fighting within the Target areas? . . if that is the case i agree there are some maps that have that problem :S

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 03:03   #10
Kain888
Supporting Member

IMO bad idea that takes all what is good in 4km maps. And combat area always feel so artificial, especially inside of map, not on edges of it.
Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
&gt, >, area, combat, layer, random, random or different